Most Memorable Shot

I have several memorable shots.

Think the 240 yard shot with my dads .22-250 at a crow was the most memorable. Just a kid, could have a try at that crow because there was nothing else to be shot.

A 6x42 scope, very strong wind. The rifle way to big for me. Could not make the shot now. But it dropped like a rock

You shouldn't have too much trouble at 240 yards although very good shot for a kid.

.22-250 can be shot out to 1,000 yards in expert hands and even a hobbyist should be able to make shots at 600-700 yards with a decent scope and tables. You'll find loads of Youtube vids of 500-750yd shots by amateurs at small targets. Maybe you're just underestimating your current skill level.

Hello,

Sure i can make a 700 yard shot. But not in Holland in a hunting situation. You know we don't have any hills its just a flat country so getting a nice elevated position and lay down with a good rest under the rifle is not possible here. if we lay down you just can't see anything. So we shoot from the roof of a car. So a very nice shooting rest is out of the question. Then we have the windy conditions here. Its always windy and never steady. So dailing in on a target is very hard because one moment the wind is blowing 2 meter per second and the next moment is 6/10 meter per second. Then the final factor we have to take the shots very quickly because we dont have any cover so the animals will see us and they learn fast.

So i don't think i'm under estimating my shooting skills but here in Holland ist just very difficult shooting long ranges. i would love to try my new gun in england at some long ranges!

Gr Jacco

• Like 1

Gave a bunny a nice centre parting from 70 odd yards with Sporting Shooters .222 when I was out with him once! :laugh: Only shot I've ever fired with a centre fire! :laugh::thumbs:

Whoooooosh pop! :whistling:

:laugh: That's the one mate, was my new favourite noise for a good while after that! :D

I took my .177 Diana airgun to a clay shoot my dad had organised before the season opened when I was around 11. I badgered them all morning to let me have a go with it and when it was my dads turn he let me have the first one of his set.... not sure who was the more surprised but I nailed it!

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Pigion with a 410 . I was stood on a fence looking over the old farm track where there is often rabbits and as I jumped off the fence a pigion went over my head. I didn't think about it I brought the shotgun to my shoulder mid jump "BANG" and the pigion came crashing to the ground with a thump (my favarate sound).

As a kid We had an old clapped out air gun we found in a dustbin, after getting some pellets from the fishing tackle shop ( bull dog) bet u remember them lol. we took it down the garden.it had no sights exept a fishing shot i stuck on the end with puncture repair glue (all we had) anyway I randomly aimed at a the pot on top of pylon from about 70 yds, twang went the old springer.the second the pellet went towards the pole a starling touched down,thwack killed it stone dead not even a flap.couldnt do it again

Atb

Edited by TWOTWOTHREE

A new rabbit permission with the HMR....took 150 rounds shot 150 clean head shots in 4 hours.. it was amazing loverly warm still summers afternoon... short grass paddocks positioned on top of hay bales shooting towards a bank with holes everywhere..even on the clear up they were showing themselves..unfortunately no game dealers local and had to bury them...hardly any left now but i got a good reputation from it and a few more permissions especially from horsey folk..

Edited by compoundarcher