Wheaton X Grey Anyone Use Them

Just out of curiosity?? I bought one about a year ago of a local guy never been a cross I put much thought to but thought could be handy, she's a 1 st x Wheaton grey I believe not the quickest or greatest stamina but when she takes she doesn't let go although she is very brain dead I have to admit now I've adjusted and found her pros and cons I'm quite content with her, how do you's find them??

• Like 1

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

3/8 dog    

biggest pup in the litter, 27 inch, 1yr old  

Posted Images

I bred a litter of wheaton greyhound x greyhound about 4 years ago,i knew the guy who owned the stud dog [wheaton x greyhound],he was a very good dog for fox and deer,afraid of nothing,this dog was put to a greyhound bitch and produced a nice few pups,i kept two back for myself,[a dog and a bitch] they turned out good workers,the dog being the best,he would course hares well,take fox day or night and was a handy dog to have around on a dig,he had a good brain and knew how to use it,the bitch on the other hand was,nt as good as him,she was a bit slower but still very game,she had her uses,she was sold to a guy in Waterford at 2 year old for foxes only.,the dog i still have.

Im workin first x wheaten greyhound rough dog to work very loyal and obiedient til his seen something lacks bit speed but his caught things a quicker dog wouldn have out of gameness.his not the best around other dogs but as long they show no interest in him his fine.his no problem on all game.ill be hopin breed him to full greyhpund in time his young yet and i was worried bout pace but he makes up for it in other ways

• Like 2

I had two wheaten x last year. both lacked just that extra bit of speed but were game as they come killed good few foxes wit them.lostbtwo dogs in dpace of month.old dog got shock of electric fence ran off never seen him again other one hit a tree after a fox never right after it. no lurcher at min only pup mother is wheaten x greyhound father is wheaten deer hound greyhound back to a full hound. so next year for her. but I love the wheaten crosses.

• Like 1

Mines is the same lacks abit of pace as I says abit of brain she is very loyal and very game I spoke to a lad about her think she came from Chris Hinckley I ll try get a pic of her up soon, as I says wasn't a cross I paid much attention to as I heard a few negatives about wheatons but she's certainly proved to have her uses