Tracking Collars

Ideation

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You want the Garmin Astro 320 and buy the Topo map for your part of the country.Buy from Ebay from US you can get the Topo maps on Ebay from the UK.You won't regret buying one it is a huge piece of mi

just ordered the alpha with 6 collars at www.thebuzzzardsroost.com   also taked the long range antenna for on the car and the handheld, birdseye, and some extra antennas for when one is broken  

Can you keep us updated Foxdigger.

I'm about to buy a set of the alphas, my only concern it where to get the uk maps from?

if you buy the birdseye for your alpha i think you can download maps from the whole world with your computer i think like on google earthview

Thank you, i'll look into it

The TOPO maps are better than the birdseye.My mate paid for the birdseye and I got the TOPO from ebay its on an SD card and it has much better detail.You can zoom in and out and it even shows if your dog is running or sitting.You can zoom in and see the dog going from side to side (marking holes).Its a cracking bit of kit.

the birds eye are much better than TOPO. The birds eye are just that like goggle earth .zoom right in to trees etc ,The Topo is a map ,which is still good but not half as much detail as Birdseye.....Every map you need is all on the Garmin web site

Ive used the trackers for a few years now ,first the Astra now the Alpha 100....both good bits of kit but like everything Alpha lot better as its new and does loads more than the older model Astra.........Got both mine from States ,2nd one cost me 100 quid import tax into UK ,first I brought it in from middle east so cost nothing. they will work any were in world where they can pick up Sats ,any thing you would like to know fire away and il answer to best I can

My mate downloaded the birdseye map and its nowhere near as good as the TOPO,we were comparing them a few weeks back and my TOPO has a lot more detail on it than his.He said that he wishes that he'd bought the TOPO now!

I'm about to buy a set of the alphas, my only concern it where to get the uk maps from?

if you buy the birdseye for your alpha i think you can download maps from the whole world with your computer i think like on google earthview

The TOPO maps are better than the birdseye.My mate paid for the birdseye and I got the TOPO from ebay its on an SD card and it has much better detail.You can zoom in and out and it even shows if your dog is running or sitting.You can zoom in and see the dog going from side to side (marking holes).Its a cracking bit of kit.

the birds eye are much better than TOPO. The birds eye are just that like goggle earth .zoom right in to trees etc ,The Topo is a map ,which is still good but not half as much detail as Birdseye.....Every map you need is all on the Garmin web site

Ive used the trackers for a few years now ,first the Astra now the Alpha 100....both good bits of kit but like everything Alpha lot better as its new and does loads more than the older model Astra.........Got both mine from States ,2nd one cost me 100 quid import tax into UK ,first I brought it in from middle east so cost nothing. they will work any were in world where they can pick up Sats ,any thing you would like to know fire away and il answer to best I can

My mate downloaded the birdseye map and its nowhere near as good as the TOPO,we were comparing them a few weeks back and my TOPO has a lot more detail on it than his.He said that he wishes that he'd bought the TOPO now!

mate how can a map have more detail than a photo ?????????............because that's what birdseye is really a air photo it shows everything down to bushes if you zoom right in ,maybe because you not used to the detail and find reading the Birdseye more difficult than a map that's all I think it must be?

Edited by DEERMAN

mate how can a map have more detail than a photo ?????????............because that's what birdseye is really a air photo it shows everything down to bushes if you zoom right in ,maybe because you not used to the detail and find reading the Birdseye more difficult than a map that's all I think it must be?

The map that my mate downloaded was not a photo,he said it was the birdseye map and it wasn't anywhere near to the detail that the TOPO map was.My TOPO map is basically an ordnance survey map but its very good! the one I saw was no photo,so maybe it was something else.However the TOPO map does more than enough to see where your dog is I find it an outstanding piece of kit and recommend it.

Edited by Moorman 1

Does anyone know the percentage they charge for customs / import tax? I've been all over the .gov website but no actual figures, just says you will have to pay a percentage. Is it just VAT at 20%?

You can always ask to sent it as a gift? Or do you know anyone in the states they can send it to then they can send as a gift. Edited by Westy76

Does anyone know the percentage they charge for customs / import tax? I've been all over the .gov website but no actual figures, just says you will have to pay a percentage. Is it just VAT at 20%?

You can always ask to sent it as a gift? Or do you know anyone in the states they can send it to then they can send as a gift.

That doesn't do any good these days.I just had some collar protectors send from OZ as a gift and I still got stung nearly £20 for import duty.I only paid £16 to get my GPS system sent from the US there are ways of getting the duty reduced but it all depends on the sender!

Hello All,

I've asked this a few times on here, but never really got a response.

I'm looking to buy a G.P.S collar and tracking unit, and have been looking at the Garmin Astro / Alpha.

Has anyone used one over here, and has anyone used these models?

Does anyone know a good place to pick one up this side of the pond or do they need to be brought in from the states?

Can you d/l u.k maps for the american systems?

Any help would be much appreciated, as currently I seem to be doing more and more hunting, where a G.P.S would be very handy and would save a little bit of stress at times :laugh:

Cheers,

Jai.

Hello All,

I've asked this a few times on here, but never really got a response.

I'm looking to buy a G.P.S collar and tracking unit, and have been looking at the Garmin Astro / Alpha.

Has anyone used one over here, and has anyone used these models?

Does anyone know a good place to pick one up this side of the pond or do they need to be brought in from the states?

Can you d/l u.k maps for the american systems?

Any help would be much appreciated, as currently I seem to be doing more and more hunting, where a G.P.S would be very handy and would save a little bit of stress at times :laugh:

Cheers,

Jai.

I have the Garmin Alpha and two collars. Have tried to pm you but your inbox must be full? Cheers

• 1 year later...

Trying to sort out some collars could someone let me know what kinda tax I would be paying to get them sent to Wales?

i was looking for a set just recently and I came along some classifieds in the uk from some one selling them the prices seemed cheaper worth a look though I would pick them up instead of getting them sent bye post though but there email and phone number is there http://newcastle-uk.cityadvertiser.net/core/mbl/index.php?k=72&f=adv_one&t=Selling+Garmin+Astro+320%2FGarmin+Astro+220%2FGarmin+Alpha+100+─+560

http://www.liverpool.ukclassifieds.co.uk/selling_garmin_astro_320_with_5_dc_50_collars_garmin_alpha_100_gp-o2449830.html

http://www.everydayclassifieds.com/garmin-alpha-100-handheld-with-3-tt15-collars/

Just too say I don't know these folk so just thought I'd give you the heads up

Edited by BIGLURKS