Tracking Collars

Ideation

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You want the Garmin Astro 320 and buy the Topo map for your part of the country.Buy from Ebay from US you can get the Topo maps on Ebay from the UK.You won't regret buying one it is a huge piece of mi

just ordered the alpha with 6 collars at www.thebuzzzardsroost.com   also taked the long range antenna for on the car and the handheld, birdseye, and some extra antennas for when one is broken  

Can you keep us updated Foxdigger.

i contacted several sellers in the us but they dont ship to europe, dous someone know where to order? was looking at some hounsmen forums and they say the alpha has a wider range as the astro. i contacted garmin in holland and asked them to order the alpha but they dont sell them because its not legal to use them in holland and some other countries because the radio frequency they are working on :blink: dont know this is different with the astro and if anybody will notice when using it

I'm about to buy a set of the alphas, my only concern it where to get the uk maps from?

if you buy the birdseye for your alpha i think you can download maps from the whole world with your computer i think like on google earthview

Thank you, i'll look into it

RAW - What I liked about the Alpha. . . is that you can set 'fences' to stop or at least, try to stop the dogs entering certain areas, crossing roads etc. Also you can get like a google earth style view on it. . . . . but it's more expensive. So will probably get the Astro. . . also it's got to be imported from the states so you have to pay import tax on top.

Turkish - what one did you get and where from?

I got it off ebay pal. I have no maps downloaded a compass comes up and points you in direction of dog and distance. nearly 500 euro thats for astro new dc50 collar anf poatage. only four dsys coming from usa

I'm about to buy a set of the alphas, my only concern it where to get the uk maps from?

if you buy the birdseye for your alpha i think you can download maps from the whole world with your computer i think like on google earthview

The TOPO maps are better than the birdseye.My mate paid for the birdseye and I got the TOPO from ebay its on an SD card and it has much better detail.You can zoom in and out and it even shows if your dog is running or sitting.You can zoom in and see the dog going from side to side (marking holes).Its a cracking bit of kit.

The TOPO maps are better than the birdseye.My mate paid for the birdseye and I got the TOPO from ebay its on an SD card and it has much better detail.You can zoom in and out and it even shows if your dog is running or sitting.You can zoom in and see the dog going from side to side (marking holes).Its a cracking bit of kit.

the birds eye are much better than TOPO. The birds eye are just that like goggle earth .zoom right in to trees etc ,The Topo is a map ,which is still good but not half as much detail as Birdseye.....Every map you need is all on the Garmin web site

Ive used the trackers for a few years now ,first the Astra now the Alpha 100....both good bits of kit but like everything Alpha lot better as its new and does loads more than the older model Astra.........Got both mine from States ,2nd one cost me 100 quid import tax into UK ,first I brought it in from middle east so cost nothing. they will work any were in world where they can pick up Sats ,any thing you would like to know fire away and il answer to best I can

Edited by DEERMAN

were do you live DEERMAN? they say this tracking system is illegal to use in holland because of the frequency they run on dous onyone will notice when using it? otherwise i can only use it when i go to Germany and france. wont be a big problem because the fields are small here anyways