Recently been given some old traps from my wife's grandad as he is 92 and had to go in a home.They have been hung as ornaments in his garage for at least 50 years.The Gin traps say Gilpa on them,the mole trap is 3 inch across the business end.also got some old sheep shearing scissors.Any info and idea what they worth would be appreciated.?they are not for sale they are going on the wall as ornaments as very good condition.

Can not do all that photo bucket stuff, I've only just learnt how to E mail pics

Email me the shots and I'll stick them up for you :) I'll not be bothering you for the traps. I don't want them. I just want to see them, as I'm sure plenty of others here would like to ;)

• Like 2

Can not do all that photo bucket stuff, I've only just learnt how to E mail pics

Email me the shots and I'll stick them up for you :) I'll not be bothering you for the traps. I don't want them. I just want to see them, as I'm sure plenty of others here would like to ;)

Sad as it may seem :yes:

How old yous think them shears are

They have been hung as ornaments in his garage for at least 50 years.

:hmm: I'm no expert on sheep shears, BL. But ..... Put a gun to my head, mate? (Sucking my gums here, because I have no teeth to suck) I'd suggest, on the given evidence, they'd be fifty plus years old :yes: (Yes. I'm messing with ye)

Gin traps? GILPA being an english firm. They wouldn't have ordered any gin's by the mid 1950's. Traps could be, at least, sixty five years old then.

Mole trap? Most likely the same sort of vintage. I certainly handled them in the 1960's. And that was just incidental.

I honestly can't be arsed to dig out the references. This stuff no longer fascinates me like it used to. But, I'd 'agree' that these artefacts probably date from c. 1940 - 1950.

Nice stuff to drag out and tell ye grandchildren about.