How Many Ferrets Do You Have?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I find hobs are handy in some situations. Once the rabbits start to f**k about, if the sets are shallow, sometimes it's easier to just kill them and dig them, if it's total elimination Also I just li

2 Jill's 1 hob   Margaret , Carrie and Walter

why don't people keep hobs ?

I had 3 hobs... all castrated... had great days out with them... some great sport... but decided if had enough of digging whilst the dogs stood watching.....

Gave 2 hobs to a neighbour where i can keep an eye on them... kept one hob and got 2 jills....

Until that hob got killed out ferreting... then took the opportunity to get a hob and get him the snip...

why don't people keep hobs ?

I had 3 hobs... all castrated... had great days out with them... some great sport... but decided if had enough of digging whilst the dogs stood watching.....

Gave 2 hobs to a neighbour where i can keep an eye on them... kept one hob and got 2 jills....

Until that hob got killed out ferreting... then took the opportunity to get a hob and get him the snip...

mines getting a little too experienced now, sick of waiting for him to finish killing the rabbit before he comes out, going to have to get a little jill :hmm:

9 Jill's 2 albinos one silver/polecat 1 polecat and the rest black eyed whites, oh and the misses has 2 hobs

I don't work hobs as I find once they master killing a rabbit you spend most of the time digging to them when you could be onto the next one

I will be rehoming 2 or 3 jills shortly as I need to thin them down a bit

Happy hunting

Rc1

If any of you saw my previous post about an un expected litter well out of all the 8 kits 0 of them went to working homes. All 8 went to families with young kids to live inside. And all the people that came wanted hobs due to them no having to take them out of season. Luckily for me I only had 2 jills :)

If any of you saw my previous post about an un expected litter well out of all the 8 kits 0 of them went to working homes. All 8 went to families with young kids to live inside. And all the people that came wanted hobs due to them no having to take them out of season. Luckily for me I only had 2 jills :)

Hobs do make better pets, they are usually a bit more laid back too.

aye, mines is to laid back lol.. ive gave up working the hob, he can just chill through winter, save energy for the summer

I find hobs are handy in some situations. Once the rabbits start to f**k about, if the sets are shallow, sometimes it's easier to just kill them and dig them, if it's total elimination :laugh: Also I just like the big feckers, and mine aren't that big to be fair :thumbs: Clear a warren real quick as well. :yes:

• Like 2