All Kinds Of Everything!

fox digger

alright bazil brush, yea we get some great days in fairness, this year is startin scrappy enough to be honest but seems to be improving slowly, scent doesnt seem to be right just yet, think its just been to mild all along, roll on the cold mornings!!

Edited by fox digger
  • Like 1

Good looking pack you got there FD but just out of interest,would you not have 2 different hunts goin on with the harriers been a lot quicker on there feet than say the beagles or the terriersxs.I ask because a friend of mine used to keep a mixed pack of harrier and also had 3-4 beagles and you would always have 2 different hunts on the 1 fox,also the beagles if the fox was ran to ground were b*****ds for goin to ground after it.I bet ye do some pest control with that little pack,atb for the season.

ive been trying to think of some thing usefull to say about this thread for a while and all i can come up with is.......ime very jealous,their looking very good,credit to ya

haha, cheers perthshire keeper, no need to be jealous, there hard work at the best of times! we do have some mighty crack with them when it all goes according to plan!! i will try get a pic of the whole lot together this sunday, preferably hot on the arse of charlie leavin covert!!

• Like 1

im the same, ive been keeping beagles with years but id only have a decent pack going and then i have to go away working, end up passing them on and holding a good breeding pair and build up again when im back local. the lads we hunt with are all keeping a few now and its the right way of doing it, i had 24 upto two years ago and had to go working to scotland and it broke my heart getting out of them. we all have a handy number now and it suits grand. id put you in touch with lads that may be able to sort you but i dont think its any addition with the new rules on transporting dogs from uk to ireland, all passports and vet checks crack.... money racket is all but it rules out alot of swapping over and back.

im the same, ive been keeping beagles with years but id only have a decent pack going and then i have to go away working, end up passing them on and holding a good breeding pair and build up again when im back local. the lads we hunt with are all keeping a few now and its the right way of doing it, i had 24 upto two years ago and had to go working to scotland and it broke my heart getting out of them. we all have a handy number now and it suits grand. id put you in touch with lads that may be able to sort you but i dont think its any addition with the new rules on transporting dogs from uk to ireland, all passports and vet checks crack.... money racket is all but it rules out alot of swapping over and back.

red tape thats the trouble! always was always will be! just out of interest do you lads use whips/crops?

red tape thats the trouble! always was always will be! just out of interest do you lads use whips/crops?

we dont use whips really no, i have em but dont carry them very often, why do you ask that?

we dont use whips really no, i have em but dont carry them very often, why do you ask that?

ohh its just a wee something i make,,,their a hard thing to sell thou