Shooting/rifles/shotguns Rules In The Uk

Hi all,

I am French living in Wales, with hunting experience in France.

I am not sure where to start in relation to hunting in Wales, what are the rules regarding rifles/shotguns and how to get fields to hunt.

Please help me with some information.

Thanks in advance for our help.

Anybody that is of a professional standing in the community can be a referee,people like a Doctor,solicitor,teacher etc. And as far as the cabinet is concerned you need a British standard cabinet something like a 'Brattonsound' they are very good and reasonably priced.They are supposed to be fixed properly to the main fabric of the house and out of sight of anyone walking in the main entrance to the house,but the best thing to do really is to ring your local Firearms Dept. and speak to an FEO because they all have very different ideas on what the 'Actual' Law states.

As I said before good luck Frenchie

Martin

Thanks again Martin, I need to spend time in having a look at all that.

Bigthug87, I am living in Swansea.

I do not know any hunter so far and look forward to meet and share hunt experiences.

Contact me in PM if you are interested in meeting.

Hi, If you look under, Sporting Rifles on here, then to Rimfire, Centrefire and shotguns, then Frequently asked questions and scenarios I'm sure you will find many of the answers you are looking for.

I used this to assist me when I needed information to complete my own firearms cert and have directed people new to shooting to it when they are searching for the same info.

Good luck. Alan