It isn't necessarily that simple, and it has 2 barrels to machine.

I do not know the gun that well, but if it was made 2.5", 3" may simply not be safe/possible.

New barrels will almost guaranteed cost more than the gun is worth.

I suggest you need to take it to a decent gunsmith and let him take a look/quote you!

Edited by Deker

I do not know the gun that well, but if it was made 2.5", 3" may simply not be safe/possible.

I suggest you need to take it to a decent gunsmith and let him take a look/quote you!

Cheers guys found out it's £100 to proof and and £70 to get it re chambered to 3"

NOT WORTH IT

Thanks again

Cheers guys found out it's £100 to proof and and £70 to get it re chambered to 3"

NOT WORTH IT

Thanks again

..and you're assuming it passes proof which is not a foregone conclusion as a 3" chamber has to be magnum proofed which if the original gun wasn't, means testing it to a whole level beyond its designed usage.

You could pay out £170 only to find that it was destroyed during proofing.

Best course of action is to locate a 3" magnum chambered .410 and trade it or sell it and buy the 3", or better still, try a 20 bore if you want a small bore gun. Unless you're a kid or using a silenced version or ratting in a barn, there's no need for .410 as the size of the load is restrictive as no doubt you've found in looking for 3" chambering. A 2 3/4 20 bore will give you more shot than a 3" .410.

Edited by Alsone