Fiberglass Poles Wanted

Right before any one can make a valid comment about anything they have to know what they are talking about. To know what you are talking about you have to have been able to compare like for like. I will tell you now JBS nets knows as much about longnetting as my grandson. He uses the minimum acceptable quality to gain the maximum profit. To be honest his nets are shite.

He does not use enough poles on the nets, 8mm poles are unacceptable for a quick set net. FFS he only supplies 8 poles for a 50 yard net when there should be at least 11. 8mm poles bend like a fishing rod I know it's only 2 mm but it does make a differance. The problem is someone buys a net and they catch a few rabbits in the net and think they are fecking experts. When in truth the only thing they actually know is they have caught a few rabbits with some kit. They don't know why or how they caught them just that they have. They are happy with the results, but because they know no better they do not understand how a good piece of kit can make things easier/ better for them.

JBS sells nets, fact. Are there better nets out there than JBS? Without a doubt YES!

TC.

Fair enough TC you are right you get what you pay for ,it does me ok , also fair enough say the gear is not premium quality i just cant stand people bad mouthing people its not right.

Personaly,..mostly working on Southern Downland,.with its geology comprising of dense chalk and flint,.I much prefer a thicker pole,.with a nice sharp point, and topped off with a comfortable end cap, to assist me in pushing the pole into the tightly compressed turf. I have used the thinner type poles with long nets,.and also hazel wands with my traditional webs,.. and obviously caught plenty of rabbits,..but there is no denying the fact, that locally,..it is far more comfortable day out, constantly pushing in,. dozens of thick 'uns,.......as opposed to the arrow -like,.. thin uns... :thumbs:

DSC_0038.jpg

Edited by Phil Lloyd

Those big end caps can make the task of laying a net allot less painful when the grounds hard compared to the thin ones :thumbs: Although thin ones are a touch lighter and good enough when the going is 'soft'.

Edited by Sirius
  • Like 2

Ive bought stuff off of jb nets and i will never give him another penny again and i told him so , i bought magnum poles for my nets i think they where £3.95 each no cheap but ive never had a problem with them .

Its no my problem but try returning something thats no up to the job to jb nets and see the answer you get it all ABUSE

• Like 1

Another factor with GRP poles is the ratio of glass to resin. I tried once to buy them commerically and was asked what they were for, when told what I wanted them for, I was asked if I wanted the cheaper version of them as they had less matting and more resin in thier make up. The way poles are made is chopped fibregass and resin is extruded from a machine by the manufacturer. Depending on the application for the poles the ratio of resin to glass is ajusted to suit.

TC

TRy nelson mate if that's j Baird from Alexandria give him a wide berth

i never had a problem with him good quality poles an delivered on time :thumbs:

good quality poles are 10mm, jbs are 8mm.

Y.I.S Leeview

Leeview 2mm is not going to make any difference , they are good quality poles.

2mm does nt sound a lot but 2mm of 8mm is 25% which is a damn lot

Y.I.S Leeview

• Like 4

Personaly,..mostly working on Southern Downland,.with its geology comprising of dense chalk and flint,.I much prefer a thicker pole,.with a nice sharp point, and topped off with a comfortable end cap, to assist me in pushing the pole into the tightly compressed turf. I have used the thinner type poles with long nets,.and also hazel wands with my traditional webs,.. and obviously caught plenty of rabbits,..but there is no denying the fact, that locally,..it is far more comfortable day out, constantly pushing in,. dozens of thick 'uns,.......as opposed to the arrow -like,.. thin uns... :thumbs:

DSC_0038.jpg

I love this pic