Kill Or Run ?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seriously though....when I was younger I was obsessed with numbers and full bags and having dead things at the end of a run/hunt/day and wasn't fussy at all on how the end result came about....I proba

its nice 2 see a strong long ear get away,after it puts up a great course.

Exactly, I think its a very good question.   I think there is a big difference between hunting and just enjoying killing stuff. Killing is obviously a part of it and it would be pointless if you nev

Its all about the chase for me! Those life and death decisions, the slow quiet breathing when your walking as if you weigh nothing, then walk into a tree because you're only looking at a small grey dot vertically in a tree instead of where your going... Yup. It happens.

What do you prefer

Nescafe.....

Seriously though....when I was younger I was obsessed with numbers and full bags and having dead things at the end of a run/hunt/day and wasn't fussy at all on how the end result came about....I probably wasn't wise enough to appreciate the finer points of the game....

Nowadays, and for the past few years, I care not for big bags or great numbers of dead things...I no longer have anything to prove to myself or anyone else...so I can chill out a bit enjoy the hunt for what it is and love nothing better than a good cur with an efficient nose working things out for itself...if I am totally honest I'm more then happy for the quarry to live to run another day....nice to have something for the pot at the end of a long day...but I enjoy the hunt/chase more nowadays.... :thumbs:

The lurchers manage the odd catch local,if i can get to the retrieve before the terriers and the bunny,s are right,i often re-release them.I like to see a few about and take less satisfaction now from killing them,id rather see a good hunt,chase and escape at times,a long testing gallop and catch still gets the ticker going,the kill is often an anti-climax,still id rather the dogs caught more than they miss,with an often heavy heart.

Bit of both for me as I eat 99% of what I(the dogs)kill.but also love a good chase.like been said if it was just the kill then I'd just shoot.I've seen dogs catch hares wat should av got a way(ended up hiting a ditch or lump of ground) and ened up been caught wich me personaly would let go to run another day as they desserved to get away as they out classed the dogs but due to a mistake were caught.

• Like 1

What do you prefer

Nescafe.....

Seriously though....when I was younger I was obsessed with numbers and full bags and having dead things at the end of a run/hunt/day and wasn't fussy at all on how the end result came about....I probably wasn't wise enough to appreciate the finer points of the game....

Nowadays, and for the past few years, I care not for big bags or great numbers of dead things...I no longer have anything to prove to myself or anyone else...so I can chill out a bit enjoy the hunt for what it is and love nothing better than a good cur with an efficient nose working things out for itself...if I am totally honest I'm more then happy for the quarry to live to run another day....nice to have something for the pot at the end of a long day...but I enjoy the hunt/chase more nowadays.... :thumbs:

a spot on post

I like a good run but I also like to see my dog rewarded with a catch at the end of it, nothing better then seeing your dog walking back up the field tail wagging head held high looking proud as f**k. if you lads don't like killing stuff why not muzzle your dogs?

• Like 1