Guest Anthony Peace

Havin had both my own opinion is that beddy crosses can be stubborn and head strong but are natural born hunters where as a collie cross takes more tuition and can be slow to start as you would expect from a hurding dog rather than a terrier based dog. But it all depends on the percentage of beddy / collie in the mix both have their strengths too it depends on what you want the dog for. Both can display great intelligence although the collie probably has the edge here so if your new to lurchers a beddy cross would be easier to manage in the long run even though their stubborn, for me if your ferreting or lamping I'd chose a collie cross but for a general moocher or a jack of all trades I'd go for the beddy but that's just my opinion I'm sure others will disagree

• Like 1

Havin had both my own opinion is that beddy crosses can be stubborn and head strong but are natural born hunters where as a collie cross takes more tuition and can be slow to start as you would expect from a hurding dog rather than a terrier based dog. But it all depends on the percentage of beddy / collie in the mix both have their strengths too it depends on what you want the dog for. Both can display great intelligence although the collie probably has the edge here so if your new to lurchers a beddy cross would be easier to manage in the long run even though their stubborn, for me if your ferreting or lamping I'd chose a collie cross but for a general moocher or a jack of all trades I'd go for the beddy but that's just my opinion I'm sure others will disagree

Ain't that the truth..... :laugh:

• Like 1

plenty of collie in this pup..some would say too much .. :laugh: ..can honestly say shes not been a problem so far.. great temp,easy to train and a happy pup.. she gets good grub, regular exercise, plenty of attention etc . give most pups the right start and schooling and regardless of breed they shouldn't be much of a problem in my opinion.. atb sesku

post-52869-0-37541000-1380887889.jpg

post-52869-0-41135800-1380887902.jpg

post-52869-0-57101700-1380887923.jpg

plenty of collie in this pup..some would say too much .. :laugh: ..can honestly say shes not been a problem so far.. great temp,easy to train and a happy pup.. she gets good grub, regular exercise, plenty of attention etc . give most pups the right start and schooling and regardless of breed they shouldn't be much of a problem in my opinion.. atb sesku

She's looking well Dave..... :thumbs:

that's all collie aint it. lol .. . na I have a half x collie and he is brilliant you cant fault him at all and is a really good pot filler.

cheers colin, im over the moon with her pal. im just waiting for all those terrible collie traits to surface :whistling:

could a 3/4 whippet 1/4 collie be used as a busher/moocher (beginner) not lamping

cheers relic2

Guest Anthony Peace

No reason why not mate a three quarter whippet is ideal for daylight bunnies quick off the mark and good on the turn and quarter collie means it should learn the game quick enough. Just make sure you put plenty of early training into it, you only get out what you put in

• Like 2

cheers colin, im over the moon with her pal. im just waiting for all those terrible collie traits to surface :whistling:

My betting is that there'll be no great dramas to follow.....yeah, she'll push boundaries and test you at times but it'll be nothing dramatic...I know the work you've put into her....and as the old saying goes...you only get out what you put in....and it's very true... :thumbs:

• Like 2

could a 3/4 whippet 1/4 collie be used as a busher/moocher (beginner) not lamping

cheers relic2

If you were wanting a whippet based lurcher I would go for the 3/4 be it 1/4 collie or beddy. Also nothing wrong with a pure whippet for ferreting/ratching in my opinion.