Anybody Ever Received One Of These?

The Hunting Act 2004 exempts rabbits and rats provided you have permission only, this means if caught taking rabbits without permission it is illegal hunting and you may have your vehicle and dogs confiscated. Be careful out there, The Wildlife Officers are becoming better educated than they were a few years ago.

Yep very true this. A few lads kept telling me rabbiting isn't included in the hunting act etc.

Poaching rabbits is against the law under the hunting act.

However they virtually need video evidence if they are going to prosecute under the hunting act.

I could be trespassing on a farmers land with rabbits in my bag which I caught from a farm I've got permission on 2 hours away.

You are still innocent until proven guilty and they have to prove beyond reasonable doubt that you took the rabbits from that ground.

I guess it would depend what the jury believed.

Best thing to do... Don't get caught :laugh:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

whats the story if theres a field full sheep

A lot of folk poach and never get pulled..... Others however are either just unlucky, but mostly thick..... They do stupid stuff, act like a fool and then moan when they're caught. It's part of the ga

put on a welsh accent

I had one of those letters and I was parked on the highway , in daytime , on a public footpath , walking the dogs with the mrs , there is nothing but a few pheasants on there and someone phoned the police as they thought a rural crime may be about to happen ! I had been pulled a few days earlier on M6 ,on way back from a rugby match , the traffic cops told me there was a marker on the car . Selling the car is a waste of time ,I know lads who have changed their car 3 and 4 times and still get pulled ,even on way to work when working away from home , the marker obviously moves with the person not the car ,same as the when the police pull a known drug dealer regardless of what car hes in , when they see who its registered too .

A lot of folk poach and never get pulled..... Others however are either just unlucky, but mostly thick..... They do stupid stuff, act like a fool and then moan when they're caught. It's part of the game if you choose to play it! As for folk thinking stuff like lamping from a footpath is legal etc..... C'mon ..... How dumb are you?

• Like 5

ime in limbo with this,,on one side i have worked hard for permission so i want to say serves you right for poacing when i was keepering we used to nail people all the time, but on the other side i would be phoneing that copper up and kicking arse telling him you were their walking the dog ect dont give the b*****ds a inch!

Got no time for these people with permission who sit in judgement on anyone who strays , if im honest , when I was a kid , I used to watch the lads going off with their dogs at night and the next day they would be selling the rabbits they had and the mystery of where they went and what they did fascinated me , so much I got into it myself !

I don't think you can have a go at folk who get pissed off at folk poaching their permission. You work hard for it, look after it, and it provides you with sport and work for your dogs. Then some lad comes a long who goes where he likes and fucks it up for you..... At the end of the day you won't be happy even if you have poached yourself.

The police followed me back to a mates house after we had been lamping last week because my car was parked where there had been burglerys but when we said we had been lamping with the dogs the copper did a name check and asked if we had caught and rabbits and an went on his way he didn't even wanna see the dogs or anything, he was actualy alright for a copper an I can't believe I have just said that but he was

A lot of folk poach and never get pulled..... Others however are either just unlucky, but mostly thick..... They do stupid stuff, act like a fool and then moan when they're caught. It's part of the game if you choose to play it! As for folk thinking stuff like lamping from a footpath is legal etc..... C'mon ..... How dumb are you?

caught running the dog red handed on game is pouching caught walking the land is trespass caught walking public footpaths is ... my right to be there . obviously caught pouching anywhere you are in s%%t so try not to get caught boys