What .22Rf Ammo You Getting Best Accuracy With

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yokel why wouldn't you use CCI and what principal ?

something i should know :D

I bought a brick of 500 and they went snap, crackle pop mate. Accuracy was no way near Eley or Winchester and velocity must have ranged from sub 12ft lb airgun to HV! Being a perfectionist and all to ready to blame my tools for my own ineptitude, vowed never to return.

i am glad i saw your post because i nearly went and bought some just because they are cheap glad i never.

there packaging look very professional and can sway you into thinking they are better than they are.

were as SK look crap in the packet but shoot mint.

i thought for killing rabbits they would be a cheap alternative but all i would of ended up doing is injuring rabbits and making them suffer

and i would rather kill them outright so i am glad you enlightened me.

Cheers

Daz

Was out checking zero on my rifles yesterday lifted 3 boxes of different .22 subs win eley and lapua all very accurate but eley was the most consistent giving me 3/4" groups at 50yards

I did 5 groups with 5 shots of each round they were all around the " mark so really they will all do the job fine

i am glad i saw your post because i nearly went and bought some just because they are cheap glad i never.

there packaging look very professional and can sway you into thinking they are better than they are.

i thought for killing rabbits they would be a cheap alternative but all i would of ended up doing is injuring rabbits and making them suffer

Cheers

Daz

CCI's might work fine in your rifle fella. Just because somebody else didn't get on with them doesn't necessarily mean that you won't. I find them ok, not brilliant, but good enough out to sixty yards. Beyond that the SK's start to show their superior accuracy for me anyway. Try a box, it won't break the bank. If they don't work very well in your rifle then don't buy any more. It's the only way to find out really??

Yokel why wouldn't you use CCI and what principal ?

I bought a brick of 500 and they went snap, crackle pop mate. Accuracy was no way near Eley or Winchester and velocity must have ranged from sub 12ft lb airgun to HV! Being a perfectionist and all to ready to blame my tools for my own ineptitude, vowed never to return.

Cheers

Daz

CCI's might work fine in your rifle fella. Just because somebody else didn't get on with them doesn't necessarily mean that you won't. I find them ok, not brilliant, but good enough out to sixty yards. Beyond that the SK's start to show their superior accuracy for me anyway. Try a box, it won't break the bank. If they don't work very well in your rifle then don't buy any more. It's the only way to find out really??

:yes::yes::yes:

They were fine in mine, he may just have got a bad batch, their performance is much better than mentioned all round, so his barrel may not like them either! :thumbs:

Edited by Deker

thats a good point guys like you say out to 60 ish yards they probably are ok and a lot cheaper than sk's.

i might get a box and try them i will let you know how they perform.

do you guys get much difference from brick to brick.

i am just thinking if i buy a box and they are ok what are the odds on the next brick being ok as well.

cheers

daz

Ive bought and been given many boxes of cci seen them being shot from cz, brno, ruger, magtech and a few more and they have never been as consistant as others yes there accurate but there is more accurate rounds out there.

As any ammo the cheapest one is rarely or never the most accurate

Cheers

Daz

:yes::yes::yes:

They were fine in mine, he may just have got a bad batch, their performance is much better than mentioned all round, so his barrel may not like them either! :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...