Decided To Take A Chance With This Jill

003_zpsab9124b0.jpg

Decided to take a chance on this Sandy Jill, born in May, she and her litter mates, that were all polecat colouring didnt have the best of starts, being fed on cat food.

I have always went worker to worker, so this is a first for me, this Jills dam has not worked, but is off workers,

her Dam had a previous litter, and according to the breeder, some went to working homes and are doing well.

As soon as i got her home, started feeding her on Rabbit and ferret complete daily, so she is looking well on it.

She is certinly lively, and very fast.

I just took a fancy to her, have I done the right thing, I will let you know, if she becomes a worker.

The hob that went to her dam is also of workers, and has done a little work.

All's you can do is try her and see what happens.

Ive just got a new jill, friend works for a small rescue - they had gone to pick up a litter of pups and she was sat in a cage half bald and full of fleas

so they took her as well, the rescue doesn't deal with ferrets, so she came to me - took hours to get rid off all the fleas on her,

but shes a very lively jill, looks to be one of this years - she loves the dogs and will bounce up and down the cage at them, fed her a day old chick

when she arrived, she snatched it and started shaking it, so hoping once she has learned to calm down she wont be a bad worker.

• Like 1

It looks keen, I took a rough looking hob and jill in back in 2008, wasn't really looking for any more animals, but thought they'd be better off with me than the dickheads that owned them, never looked back, the jill is 6 now and still as keen as ever, think your jill may well surprise you :thumbs:

• Like 1

Nice looking ferret and good luck to you both

I do think it's pot luck with ex pets or even working stock. i do hate 'bloodline name droppers' though from the people you buy off , i just don't really care

Any ferret will work pet or otherwise it just depends on their drive. The best girl i ever had was a very timid kit that the owners wanted to off load. After a season she was the best i have ever had :)

Hows she getting on CJoe?

She is looking good, not had her out yet. I have another Jill, who is a cracken worker, but is a psychopath.

fights hard with any Jill, put them together and had to separate.

, thought she would have killed it.

Not yer usual ferret attack, but an all out attack. its a real hassle as I have them in a separate hutch.

but as I say the older Jill is a good worker. had her out yesterday working with LCs Jills, as usual she worked well, but you could here them fighting below. and I have no doubts, she would be the instigator.