you could try minced meat mixed with the other stuff ,(mix it right up so the dog cant pick out the nuggets) .

another thing is let the meat warm up to room tempreture , some dogs wont eat very cold meat .

i cant say ive ever had this problem , mabe others can help out a little more .

atb.......jim

I took on a dog that had never eaten anything other than dry food. His teeth were in a terrible state: you couldn't see any white enamel at all. I carried on feeding him dry food, but gave him only half what he needed. Within a week he was happily chewing on big knuckle bones, and from there progressed little by little to a raw diet. Took around a month to switch him over completely from dry to raw.

Also, many dogs need time to settle into a new home, so expecting to change her diet as well as everything else in one go might be a step too far for her at the moment. Give her some time, and try hand feeding her some roast beef (if you can afford it!) If not, little bits of cooked sausage or bacon, just to get her used to trying different things.

she has been clearing her bowl of dry immediately no fussing with it,she had all the usual sunday roast left overs cleared the lot no probs veg and all, slowly slowly see how i get on thanks for the tips appreciate that :thumbs:

Just add a tiny bit, well mixed with the dry, then just gradualy increase it. Another way is raw bones as these are usually a good bet, something like lamb ribs.

ok cheers il try that i probably just put to much in to start il cut right back then increase slowly

Just add a tiny bit, well mixed with the dry, then just gradualy increase it. Another way is raw bones as these are usually a good bet, something like lamb ribs.

did what you said and she cleared the bowl,think i went bit over the top first time round cheers :thumbs:

• Like 1