Border Bedlington Or Lakeland.

If i wanted a digging dog id only go with the Lakey,if i wanted something more versatile that could also work fox id go the Beddy route,i would,nt discount the Border,as with the other two types source the right stock and they will all work,its the temperament that each type shows that will carry the individuals preference.

it all depends on what you intend doing with it but the main thing is do your homework find the right stock and go from there , ive some good bedlington and ive had some very good lakies and borderlakies but ive never worked a border of my own , the choice is your just do the homework first

All three types should work above ground to some sort of standerd, but imo a lakey that works below would be more easy to source than the other two, theres plenty of lakeys that wont be up to the job though no matter what you read on here, try to get out with somone doing the type of work you want yours to do, believe your own eyes not the sales pitch, atb, buster.

• Like 1

Its quite simple. Whatever one has the best working parents.

Pernod

"nail on the head " well said pernod ... suppose we all like to see a "nice " looking terrier but id rather a pup out of proven workers anyday .. Size is also a big factor for me ..atb sesku
  • Like 1

All three types should work above ground to some sort of standerd, but imo a lakey that works below would be more easy to source than the other two, theres plenty of lakeys that wont be up to the job though no matter what you read on here, try to get out with somone doing the type of work you want yours to do, believe your own eyes not the sales pitch, atb, buster.

...good point....atb...gravedigger