Sign in to follow this  
Nots so bad lad

A Good Day Out With Leslie

everyones entitled to an opinion les,otherwise theres no point to a forum when we put things up its always going to be up for debate write or wrong.if you happy taking as many birds as that in one sitting then that's your choice.if they had been pigeons ,rabbits crows then I woudnt careless but im a WILDFOWLER .pls don't block me.... :thumbs:

• Like 5

Its funny how wound up youget at critisisum. Thats the one of the good things about forums , you find out other peoples opinions.since when was shooting geese overstubble pest control. What you doing protecting the farmers spilt crop? Idont disagree with shooting geese over stubble ido it my self. I just know when to stop as do others. I hope you dont call yourself a wildfowler!!

• Like 5

its goose pest control i do and i'm very good at it. the farmer called me this afternoon and when i got there, he gave me this bottle of remy martin fine champagne cognac with a big thank you - i love my sport! when i told him we have had 82 he said i wish it was a 1082 please keep at,em les.if i said no somebody else would be there in a breath.now tell me i,am wrong.

• Like 4

its goose pest control i do and i'm very good at it. the farmer called me this afternoon and when i got there, he gave me this bottle of remy martin fine champagne cognac with a big thank you - i love my sport! when i told him we have had 82 he said i wish it was a 1082 please keep at,em les.if i said no somebody else would be there in a breath.now tell me i,am wrong.

If the Farmers happy then whats the problem ? We all get permission's at the farmers discretion after all its there land, if pest control on his behalf is required that's what you do ! he would not be happy with " i stopped" as i had good numbers... he wants the pests removed SIMPLE...

Whats the Farmer going to say if you don't do as he asks? are disrespectful, get rubbish numbers and abuse there good will..... Very few people have the land do do with as they please or let alone own land. So its all kinda simple....do as your asked or loose the perm..

I would say the farmer taking the time to HAND deliver a bottle of cognac, says volumes.

Edited by jmj121
  • Like 3

theirs a bloke round the other side thats advertising wild fowling and charges 65 quid a flight Leslie make s no money of any one he take s is mates out , if he didnt shoot them like he said some one else would and make a lot of money.

theirs thousands round their that need controlling that wheat field had been hammered before it was cut :thumbs: meaning a loss to the farmer is livelihood

• Like 2

its such a big problem in the area that a very large sporting estate that own the surrounding land paid a vet £8000 + to destroy around 250 birds last year!!!!! and that didn't even scratch the surface!!!! then there is the public safety aspect of it!! the geese leave the res ,fly 5 miles to another res and cross over the runway of an international airport at around 50ft!! they have been known to enter the engines of the planes and I know one thing!! I hope im not on a plane when it happens!!!!! so we are not just taking the birds for the sake of it ,were doing a service,and it is respected in the area ,by farmers and other agency's!!!!!!!!!

• Like 3

thats what i was trying to say trentotter.you know i,am no good with words just my gun let that talk for meeeeee

I have no axe to grind either way and have never met Les or indeed spoken to him.......but I do know a chap who had a lot of the shooting round there and I know for fact that a lot of the geese were culled last year as a direct threat to the nearby airport.......so maybe......just maybe.......give the lad a break eh ? ..........and let's be right John what's the biggest bag you've ever shot whilst punt gunning ?.........some may say that's a mass slaughter ?

Each to their own is what I say.

Regards

Bell

• Like 3

thats what i was trying to say trentotter.you know i,am no good with words just my gun let that talk for meeeeee

I have no axe to grind either way and have never met Les or indeed spoken to him.......but I do know a chap who had a lot of the shooting round there and I know for fact that a lot of the geese were culled last year as a direct threat to the nearby airport.......so maybe......just maybe.......give the lad a break eh ? ..........and let's be right John what's the biggest bag you've ever shot whilst punt gunning ?.........some may say that's a mass slaughter ?

Each to their own is what I say.

Regards

Bell

I do not doubt that Les is doing a job as instructed by the landowner and I can see his point that when he is told to remove "vermin" or hazards to aircraft , that's fine but to post pictures on an open forum such as this is not the best idea in the world

Canada geese have now been reclassified and Greylags are becoming a nuisance in certain areas but as I have stated ,pictures like the ones Les posts can only give the "Anti's" ammunition to be used against us

unfortunately Les seems to struggle grasping this point and usually resorts to making negative or obscene remarks towards anyone who comments in a way that is not liked by him

• Like 1

i like seeing big bags! but when it comes to geese no i myself would agree with the other lads and say its too far shooting that many its not wildfowling! its just unsporting

i like seeing big bags! but when it comes to geese no i myself would agree with the other lads and say its too far shooting that many its not wildfowling! its just unsporting

Its PEST Control, not wildfowling... so there is nothing unsporting about that ?

• Like 2

it was very sporting taking some very high birds - some can do it, others cant but boy we can shoot em. we would have done a lot more if we hadn't run out of carts. Oh nearly forgot to mention, just got a big farm out at pocklington - some very kind person from 1 of the forums mentioned to the farmer that i'm the man to sort his geese out, so a big massive thank you to whoever it was. PM me and i will fix you up with some of the ducks and geese. Thanks again, Les

• Like 2

I Dont understand what you lads mean by unsporting ? :hmm: the farmers want shut of em , repeat farmers want shut of them :bye: thats why they give permission :bye: air ports want rid :bye: unsporting is shooting them out of season :thumbs: decoying them is a art like pigeon shooting reading the flight lines . How many birds on the foreshores get shot at too high etc wounded ?

• Like 1