Most Durable X

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I cannot speak for others,.but,.personally,.I found my own Red Heeler /Greyhounds to be extremely worthwhile with regards to roustabout hunting/mouching, and durability.

I'd say in my experience collie crosses seem to be pretty robust but speed has its part to play as the impact forces are so much greater with a fast dog, be it be foot to ground or hitting wire etc. A

Hi,..I never realy moved on,...just returned to my roots...

Posted Images

Gonna breed a litter next year from this pair.....would imagine durability won't be an issue....

Dam - well bred Irish coursing greyhound.

attachicon.gifrsz_1pict1430.jpg

Sire - needs no introduction..... :laugh::laugh::laugh:

attachicon.gifbig fella.jpg

the way i read that mate, with only 1 pic.....love me love my dog took on a whole new meaning.............nice flip flops by the way

I may be wrong but Surely the faster the dog the more injury its prone to ??? The slower of my two has had 2 injurys that have stopped him working in 4 years. The faster one has had a few. I dont think theres a particular x that is more durable than others i sort of think its down to the dog in qestion. Alot of my local ground is extremely stony and ive found the stronger and slower types seem to do alot better than the more speedy type if that makes sence.

• Like 3

I may be wrong but Surely the faster the dog the more injury its prone to ??? The slower of my two has had 2 injurys that have stopped him working in 4 years. The faster one has had a few. I dont think theres a particular x that is more durable than others i sort of think its down to the dog in qestion. Alot of my local ground is extremely stony and ive found the stronger and slower types seem to do alot better than the more speedy type if that makes sence.

i get where you are coming from i think the cleverer ones tend not to get injured as much but high pray drive dogs ted to pick up few more .

ATB long dog

i get where you are coming from i think the cleverer ones tend not to get injured as much but high pray drive dogs ted to pick up few more .

ATB long dog

so you cant get a clever dog with a high prey drive every dogs different

Edited by nothernlite

ATB long dog

so you cant get a clever dog with a high prey drive every dogs different

if you get the right mix you are on to a winner the pic i put up as it all you are right every dog different . :thumbs:

ATB long dog

I dont agree there matey some of the most highly driven dogs ive seen could run all night on ground that many would class as totally un runable with a faster type ....

Atb

I agree with the half cross theory, but also I think in fairness you should be talking about hard driven dogs only,as these types test durability.Any cur can avoid knocks.A dog that does what he can to catch whats in front of him regardless is the one that needs to be durable. Ive seen some very hardy half cross Collie/greys and ive seen others (well known breeder)that tried to catch a rabbit on plough by running around the headland after it. The owner tried to laugh it off and say hes clever but I could feel his shame. The Greyhound needs to be reduced to at least half whatever you cross it with and more if possible without loosing too much pace. Thats terrier blood for me. good luck to all this season.