Most Durable X

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I cannot speak for others,.but,.personally,.I found my own Red Heeler /Greyhounds to be extremely worthwhile with regards to roustabout hunting/mouching, and durability.

I'd say in my experience collie crosses seem to be pretty robust but speed has its part to play as the impact forces are so much greater with a fast dog, be it be foot to ground or hitting wire etc. A

Hi,..I never realy moved on,...just returned to my roots...

Posted Images

I think any of the pastoral type crosses ,, collie, kelpie, A.C.D.. That speckle bitch Lloydy had looked like it would never break....

And all of the above might be even more robust if they came from a line of lurchers rather than just a first cross,,,, well at least in theory,,or on paper

• Like 1

What do you reckon it is?

I cannot speak for others,.but,.personally,.I found my own Red Heeler /Greyhounds to be extremely worthwhile, with regards to roustabout hunting/mouching and overall durability.

Admitedly, I only hunted rabbits,..over a variety of terrains and different counties, throughout the UK,.but I did get a good decade and a half, of continuous work from them,.so,..I suppose I got my monies worth,...can't say fairer than that... :laugh:

BRUCE

File0097tif.jpg

JUDY

File0019.jpg

SPECKLE

File0122.jpg

They look pretty indestructible to me. What made you move on to a different type of dog Phil?