Ferreting In Dorset

chop

Hello,

Anybody Ferreting in the Dorset area? keen to get ferreting but not owned or worked ferrets before so am looking for a bit of guidance or perhaps for someone to let me tag along and help carry kit or lay nets etc. Any help appreciated

cheers

Hello,

Anybody Ferreting in the Dorset area? keen to get ferreting but not owned or worked ferrets before so am looking for a bit of guidance or perhaps for someone to let me tag along and help carry kit or lay nets etc. Any help appreciated

cheers

if youv got anywhere to ferret, ill take a drive down and show you how I ferret ect, iv ferret/terrier - for bushing and marking ect purse nets/longnets/gatenets ect ect ect, try and find some land and ill pop down, other than that iv a little permission in somerset, if you want to tag along in a months time ? ! ATB FTS

Good luck, I would get to know a few people via posting on the forum first.

Don't take this the wrong way, but not many lads will just take a random on to there permission without getting to know and TRUST them alot first :thumbs:

Read up on ferreting, post a bit and see what comes of it ;)

Edited by Sirius
  • Like 2

Fair point sirius, to be honest going to the internet to find blokes to show me how to ferret is a bit alien to me, but needs must as not many people do it round this way by the looks of things. got some land I can ferret but this is mostly quite dense hedge. so probably a bit more technical than ferreting a bare hillside I presume. quite tempted to just crack on and get the kit and ferrets to be honest. done a fair bit of reading so wouldnt be going into it completely blind

• 4 months later...

Fair point sirius, to be honest going to the internet to find blokes to show me how to ferret is a bit alien to me, but needs must as not many people do it round this way by the looks of things. got some land I can ferret but this is mostly quite dense hedge. so probably a bit more technical than ferreting a bare hillside I presume. quite tempted to just crack on and get the kit and ferrets to be honest. done a fair bit of reading so wouldnt be going into it completely blind

Its not as difficult as you would imagine mate,most of it is common sense and the rest your learn from reading/watching others etc.There is a wealth of knowledge on this forum from various members so dont be afraid to ask.Remember we all started somewhere!

Ferreting is like sex.... you dont have to be proffesional to take part!!

• Like 1

look up and see if there a ferreting course or ,go with a pestcontroler phone up a few in your area, see if any rabbit properly, and have a day out by there dinner carry the gear , youl soon get to know people, and be keen to use ashovel till the last foot then let them do the rest as its there ferret youll soon get takers or even a few shilligs make a trade of for gleaning hard one knowledge

Edited by fluff