New Kennel Set Up But I Need Advice On The Shed Floor

hi all after comeing back from scotland,i needed to make some new kennels and wanted to do it as right as i could given funds so i got a 10ft by 8ft shed from a freind and made it 4ft longer..and ended up with a 14ft x 8ftwide and set the inside up as a smaller mirror image of the outside

netanddogrn2009.jpg

the 2 pens on the inside are 5ft long and 4ft wide and the other is 4 ft by 4 ive not done painting but you get the idear!

the out side runs are 2x 5ft by 8ft and one 4ft x 8ft

migeanddogrun010.jpg

terrier proofing!

migeanddogrun002.jpg

the last door front section being built!

migeanddogrun001.jpg

now for the hard bit as the floor inside is wood it gets all wet and horrid not to mention the terriers have a habit of crapping inside or peeing on it, now its scrubbed with jeys fluid twice a week but it jst looks horrible ive put some old carpet down in their that i can throw away when it gets manky but what would you lads recomend to paint on the floor or to put on the floor to water proof it so i can almost swill it out if i need to?

netanddogrn2006.jpg

netanddogrn2007.jpg

netanddogrn2005.jpg

you can se how the bare wood floor looks wet and horrid even thou its clean (the outside runs had just been washed out)

Edited by perthshire keeper

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do away with the inside run, its un necessary. Just have a small bed box on the inside, big enough for them to be comfortable in (slightly bigger than a terrier box compartment for example).   They

do away with the wood floor and put a concrete floor down and seal it

This worked for me PK.     The yard had a good slope for cleaning but I needed to put a shed in one corner. I wanted a space to keep pups or a sick dog locked inside. That would mean that the f

Posted Images

Hows about cattle cubilcle matts? sturdy and easily wiped down, being arg rubber? just a thought.

i have them on standby but i want to paint the floor with something as-well as/instead of, and the terriers rip every thing to bits i don't want them to eat rubber!

Measure the floor brace it and put a bit of ply down... And tile and seal it with silcone

If not glue a bit of vinyl and seal and then it wouldnt matter if the floors got a bit of play

now you mention it glueing and sealing vinyl seems a good plan!! the floors a foot of the ground so pulling it up and concreting it aint a option just yet!