Few Bird Pics.

A few pics of a few birds seeing as it's been a bit quiet on here lately,few have finished the moult and a few are still in it.

Two of the late bully chicks,(i lost one :cray: )

DSCN3463.jpg

DSCN3464.jpg

Some of the first round young who you can tell whats what now(2 cocks,2 hens out of the 4 chicks)

DSCN3460.jpg

DSCN3458.jpg

DSCN3456.jpg

Silver redpoll cock.

DSCN3467.jpg

Cinammon redpoll (reared by canary hen),Greenfinch,don't know the colour :icon_redface:

DSCN3476.jpg

DSCN3477.jpg

Greenfinch (again don't know the colour yet)

DSCN3480.jpg

Same greenfinch and a irish hen canary.

DSCN3471.jpg

Some cinommon redpolls

DSCN3482.jpg

DSCN3483.jpg

Some silver redpolls,goldfinches and goldfinch mules.

DSCN3485.jpg

DSCN3487.jpg

DSCN3490.jpg

DSCN3492.jpg

DSCN3493.jpg

DSCN3494.jpg

DSCN3499.jpg

DSCN3496.jpg

• Like 10

:clapper: Brilliant! I Really like those Redpolls. Hard to choose between them maybe, if I could only have one? It'd have to be a Silver. Very attractive.

What I'm so chuffed about though is that Irish Canary! See, I just so happen to have been having a damn good chat with Mickmck, in the chat room, last night. About canaries.

I was looking at various types, on Google. Always thought I fancied Borders. But, the 'showy' ones are far too tennis ball for me. I'd like a canary that just looked more like its wild self. Unadulterated or exaggerated. Couldn't really find what I wanted.

Well, That bird there hit the mark! Yes, the world class showers can get a bit stretched and thin ~ like any super model today, I s'pose? :rolleyes: Buy, yeppers. That sorts it:

I now, officially, want a Blue Irish Canary. Of pet quality. So it won't be too stretched :yes: But, where the f**king hell am I going to find one?! :huh:

• Like 1

Nice one folks and the tree bark is a bit of both Gnasher,for show and as a bit of a wind break,i saw a big fallen oak and just pulled over and pealed it off.looks good though eh :laugh: .

Pete i do have to say that's the reason i have chosen the irish canary for my muling and fostering as they do look like birds and not messed around with to much and the tennis ball bit i totaly agree with :thumbs: .As for blue irish believe it or not that green hen came from a blue pair i had last year and i gave them away at the start of the year but they never bred a blue bird,white,yellow and green but no blue but the folks with more understanding of colours will be able to answer why better than i can,but blue irish ain't to hard to find and we'll do our best to get some your way so get a flight built :victory: .

• Like 1

Got an 8 x 4 x 6 high aviary out there, mate. Bird would be a bit lost in there though. I only want a pet. Guess I'd get a pair, just to keep each other company. Get them a triple breeder to live in.

Trouble is, mate; I honestly don't know so much as someone with a pet bloody budgie, here. I have the odd look at Done Deal and what have ye. But, there's barely any action and the little there is is counties away.

Heart breaking, to see the right bird. €20.00. And four hundred f**king miles away! :icon_eek:

• Like 1

Got an 8 x 4 x 6 high aviary out there, mate. Bird would be a bit lost in there though. I only want a pet. Guess I'd get a pair, just to keep each other company. Get them a triple breeder to live in.

Trouble is, mate; I honestly don't know so much as someone with a pet bloody budgie, here. I have the odd look at Done Deal and what have ye. But, there's barely any action and the little there is is counties away.

Heart breaking, to see the right bird. €20.00. And four hundred f**king miles away! :icon_eek:

Im sure if you can get a big b*****d mutt across the water a little dickie bird wont be too much of a problem surely ?

• Like 1

you need to stop this fireman after seein your pics at breeding season i bought me and the kids a baby cock budgie, they love it an it already talks like parrot lol but after these pics i can see me out measuring up the garden lol quality pics of birds in tip top condition.. again..

• Like 1

There's plenty of folk who keep birds your side of the water Pete and there's a open bird market in Dublin quite often,proper old school with cages hung up along the street and worth a look a little look into bygone era anyway :thumbs: .

www,nativebirds.co.uk is a forum with plenty of irish bird keepers on it and some posts about the street sales they have.

Hot meat the kids do love them once they start interacting with them and you wait till you've bred a nest of young un's as the kids will want to keep them all and that measuring up job ain't to far away anyway mate by the looks :laugh:

Edited by fireman
  • Like 1

www,nativebirds.co.uk is a forum with plenty of irish bird keepers on it and some posts about the street sales they have.

Let's see if they'll accept my no bird owning Registration then :)

That Dublin sale sounds completely mental! Shades of Club Row, eh? God, I'd love to get to that! Trouble is, it's a couple of hundred miles from me and a f**k of a jaunt in a taxi!

I'd certainly like to read more about that scene though. Fascinating shit! :good:

• Like 1