Suicidal Dogs ........

Had a rabbit job on this morning that was crap in that the dog didn't get a lot of work so on the way home I went to a nice spot to give the dog a run ... After a few hours it was time to head home ... I had the dog on the back seat with the back windows cracked half open to cool,her down ... I was driving at around 50 mph and in the side view mirror I could see the dog hanging out of the fukcing truck ... She had spotted 3 roe over 200 yards away and was scratching and kicking to get out of the motor ... Surely dogs must have some perception of speed and knowing that leaping out that window would be fatal ??? Or is it that all sense goes out of the window when the blood,is up ??? .................

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I once had a bull x smash out of a Vitara soft top as he saw a fox running as we were road siding one night and had a greyhound who as I walked him past a window of a terrace house saw a cat move in t

Oh she is keen enough mate that's for sure and has a good nose for tracking .........  

I'd have been more worried if she wasnt trying to get out after seein the roe

Crazy, that could have been nasty.

I'm struggling with my pup around roads at the minute, anything that moves and catches her eye, mainly a leaf or bit of rubbish that's blown in the wind, she's on to it 100 miles an hour like her life depended on catching it, lead nearly slipped out my hand a couple of times and she'd have been straight under the wheels of fast traffic.

Then i see other other dogs trotting song the pavement good as gold not even on a lead, just don't understand how mine will grow to perceive traffic as dangerous, will it take her getting shunted up the backside by a Vauxhall Vectra??

is that no what you call prey drive or having a high prey drive :hmm:

I understand all about prey drive ... But to try and crawl out of a barely open window of a moving car !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...............

is that no what you call prey drive or having a high prey drive :hmm:

I understand all about prey drive ... But to try and crawl out of a barely open window of a moving car !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...............

tunnel vision just wanting to get to them a very high prey drive then lol

Had a rabbit job on this morning that was crap in that the dog didn't get a lot of work so on the way home I went to a nice spot to give the dog a run ... After a few hours it was time to head home ... I had the dog on the back seat with the back windows cracked half open to cool,her down ... I was driving at around 50 mph and in the side view mirror I could see the dog hanging out of the fukcing truck ... She had spotted 3 roe over 200 yards away and was scratching and kicking to get out of the motor ... Surely dogs must have some perception of speed and knowing that leaping out that window would be fatal ??? Or is it that all sense goes out of the window when the blood,is up ??? .................

that's what happens when your driving around fields all the time after these critters and slipping the dog out the window........you cant blame the dog........pmsl.....

I do think they have some perception of speed but there drive takes over ,........may be wrong but ive had terrier jump out window for cat , doing about 30 mph.......looked in the mirror , thought hes had it .........(he would of if a car was following).........just rolling down the road ,......got up shook its self off and luckily was fine........

aye the top bit was a joke.....when I seen suicidal dogs ..........I thought shes either hung her self or ran off a cliff...

:hmm:Yeah,.ya gotta watch out for some dogs,.or they will kill themselves....

I once had an exceptionally prey driven, Collie/Greyhound pup,.she was about five months of age.

We was out checking wires, and as I drove into the field,.scores of rabbits were running back towards the edge of the wood. The pup saw them in the headlights and made a lunge, straight at the windscreen,..whack,...knocked itself spark fecking out :laugh:

Its good to own keen dogs,.but you sometimes have to protect them, ..or they will never make old bones..

• Like 1