A Day Out,,, Or Baby Sit A Cockerpoo ,,, You Decide

TOMO

Was out yesterday doing some ferreting ,,second day this week , as me and vin went Wednesday ,,, accounting for 52,,, unfortunately soppy bollox couldn't make it yesterday as he was cockerpoo sitting,,,, what a lame excuse....

So I was Billy no mates yesterday,,, wich ment I had to do everything myself,,, nowt new there mind,,lol

With ground being firm I drove across a couple of fields to get the motor closer to the area I was doing,,,out the motor and I spot two drop in a warren 50 yard away,,, so quickly drop 15 or so nets down,,, and after 10 mins I'm moving on with 3 in the bag,,,next bit is a banking me nobby and breeze did a few year back accounting for about 40 I think,,, not those sorts of numbers there today,,, but I managed 10 from about 4 separate warrens.

Next bit,,, over the bank and on to the flood plane,, me and vin did two days earlier ,,, did a 1 holer catching 3 in about 2 mins,,,lol wish they were all like that,,, did a few other little places adding a few more,, then a big sprawling 20 holer,,, I managed 7 out of here,,, but I missed a bolt hole or two ,,resulting in 3 misses,,, would have been 4 if not for Venus doing a good catch,,,,,

It was now 1 o'clock and my mouth was parched,,, back to the motor for a drink of water ,, was very warm there yesterday ,,, what with the flys ,, and carting gear around I was getting tiered,,, any way cracked on for another couple of hours and added some more to the bag,,, last set,,, and my first dig,,, feck,,, only 2 foot,,, broke through to find the tube going between two rocks,, about 4 inch gap between the rocks,,, and the rabbit was round behind one of the rocks,,,, I could just feel it's flank ,,, but couldn't get any purchase on it,,,,only thing to do was remove one of the rocks,,,,bollox,,, to be fair it only took 5 mins,,, and one more was in the bag.

So packed up then with 35 in the bag,,,, a great day in great company,,,lol

casferres009_zpsd31a6ac1.jpg

casferres011_zps6d7d5979.jpg

casferres012_zps0b4cc94c.jpg

casferres014_zps6f1d31d5.jpg

casferres014_zps6f1d31d5.jpg

• Like 13

Yeh nobby,,I bought it back in the spring,,, £350,,, with tax n test,, ran it a few month,,, then spent 250 on it on some little bits n bobs,,mot end of July,,, and just drove to ibiza and back in it during August ,,, it's a good bus to be honest ,,

Best bit is it does 600 mile on a tank of fuel,, wich is 60 litter,,, so 10 mile to evry litre ,, = 45 to the gallon

• Like 1