Ferreting Partner

Dan25

Hi guys I come from sandhurst In berkshire getting back into ferreting nobody seems interested getting out around here got some small permissions just looking for a ferreting partner for the coming season come to my permissions and perhaps you can return the favour like to get out at least once a week any one interested pm me

Seems like no one wants to go mate, had the same problem myself.

i bet if you put the same post in the airgun section and was asking for someone to shoot with you would have people quing up.!!

Best of luck mate.

Whats the matter with them? All the stupid adverts people put on here asking for permission, after a couple of posts you would have thought they would be breaking their necks to get out, if you were closer I would join you mate and likewise, good luck sure you will find a decent ferreter soon.

Some of these people wanting shooting permission don't realise that it's far easier to get ferreting permission than shooting permission.

A land owner who doesn't know you from Adam is far more likely to let you ferret on his/her land than let someone on with a rifle. Once you've been ferreting and they get to know you and build up a trust then you can lead into shooting permission.

That's what I have found anyway. Did some ferreting for a farmer last year and kept in contact now got permission to shoot the land.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was uin the same boat, loads to go at loads of people ringing telling me how keen they are etc and guess what.....all no shows, apart from o e one guy who is 100% reliable and we now go once a fortnight without fail, keep trying and likewise to the op if anyone wants to come have a day out with us your more than welcome

cheers bugg, like wise trying to find someone to get out with now out ever other week its great and a great guy to go ferreting withand he said dan if you want to come alone drive up to me then we'll drive over to bugs and have a day out

Hunting is an elite sport. Even fishing some struggle to find others to fish with. falconry is so elitest its next to impossible to get to fly with somebody however most don't prefering just to fly and not worry about others birds. And to get the land to fly on an almost impossible simply due to space and the mount you need. Many falconers and ferreters team up now as free flying a bird needs so much more land.

Anyway as said again ferreting is elitist and land and other ferreters are hard to come by and land is ruddy scarce. I am on the Kent/Sussex borders and there are few ferreters down here than in say Yorkshire where the land is atleast more plentiful although i am sure its not easy either.

Can i suggest to the powers that be on here maybe to set up areas in the country on here and those who are chosen for each area perhaps atleast talk about this and if a PM for a meet ( kept secret because of the 'where's wally brigade'. its just a though that can be thrown into the ring to discuss :)