Mk3 Collars

I've just brought a second hand mk3 locator with 2 collars off eBay. I used to have a mk1 and assumed the mk3 would be fairly self explanatory like the mk1 but it appears I'm an old fart. How do you put batteries in the collars? Don't want to force any thing apart. They've got deben on one side and under it a circle with 2 arrows or triangles either side. When I finally work out how to fit batteries, do I have to take them in and out like my old collars? I'm sure I read the latest ones have a magnet to switch them on and off. If that's what I've got can you buy spare magnets because I didn't get one with it.

you don't need a spare magnet as there is one built into the thin end of the orange box.

As to changing the batteries, the whole top section, like a tin lid, the bit with deben written on, unscrews and the batteries are in there

There was a good youtube video on how to use them but i cant remember who did it, i'll go look

Thanks for that, just unscrewed them as you said. Do you know what size batteries they take, I assume maplin, timpsons or somewhere like that will sell them.

The video was up before I'd finished writing my reply! Thanks paid, just watched it, good video and has the battery numbers I need.

Edited by greenman