• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

Pheasant: Only shot one in my life with a mirage tungsten
duck: Tunet passion 28gr nr5

GeeseTunet passion 28gr nr5
Hare: Tungsten (tunet 36gr 4 i like most)

Rabbit Tunet passion 28gr nr 5

I have the tunet passion 28gr nr 5 as my standard hunting cartridge I have no other cartridge. Only for hare i use tungsten because steel shot can mess them up.

Maybe some of you guy's would think that this cartridge is way to light for a geese. We also thought. When i was a kid we shot geese with nr1 or nr2 but the nr5 works just great. I never shot geese so high as with the tunets. They drop stone dead from the sky up to 55 yards! (no i wont shoot them that high normally, only when they have been hit)

Gr Jacco

i couldnt get my normal eley vip when i went to the gun shop last week as they are running down what they stock from eley as they have now become cheddite dealers or something (im not a fan of the cheddites) so i got some "hull extreme high pheasant" 32g 5s and went for a walk last night i got a crow at around 40 yrds and a snipe at around 35yrds both with the second barrel at half choke, i couldnt seem to hit a barn door with the first and missed some easy crows. i think they probably pattern better with the tighter chokes so ill swap round to half and 3/4 i think as that is what i normally use i just changed them for some clays the other day and forgot to swap back lol

If you want an all round selection then Fast 32gms No: 6 for everything except ducks and geese which need steel.

I've yet to fail to stop anything 1st shot with Gambore Clear Pigeon No:6. Very hard hitting.

Personally I'd carry non leadl BB's in the heaviest non magnums you can get. That will cover you for geese and fox. Will be overkill for ducks but legal.

You don't want to be carrying too many cartridge types otherwise by the time you find the cartridge and load the target has gone.

So 2 types - 32gm Clear Pigeon No: 6 and non lead BB - 2 pockets - 1 left, 1 right hand side. Simple and easy to find and remember.

If you're going to go out specifically for certain quarry then you can have more cartridges in the house and take out only what type you need.

In that case I'd still take Clear Pigeon for everything except ducks which I'd hit with 5 or 6 in non lead..

Geese and Fox BB in non lead. (fox you can shoot lead but assuming it would be an unexpected meeting given you don't list fox as a quarry then its not worth worrying about the cost for 1 occasional shot).

i dont shoot hare or geese ...

for everything else its 28g 7 1/2s ... but im trying 24g 7 1/2s at the moment as i struggled to get the 28g ones in 2 1/2" ,

i dont shoot hare or geese ...

for everything else its 28g 7 1/2s ... but im trying 24g 7 1/2s at the moment as i struggled to get the 28g ones in 2 1/2" ,

Out of interest why 71/2s? I just wouldn't feel comfortable using them on rabbit or pheasant.

Do people really think I go out with 4 different cartridges? :laugh: If I was targeting a specific quarry then I would use what I stated but it doesn't mean I refrain from a shot just because my cartridge isn't perfect, LOL. Generally I'll have a pocket full of 30gm #6 and a couple 36gm BB in another pocket.

• Like 1