Deerhound In Coursing Dogs

back in 2004/o5i had a very good one first cross deerhound greyhound bred by d platt bought of him as a 6 week old. rio as I called her caught regular on the fens and ran up there every wee,.during the winter. but tbh ive saw loads that were rubbish up there. but the same can be said of saluki crosses.

• Like 2

back in 2004/o5i had a very good one first cross deerhound greyhound bred by d platt bought of him as a 6 week old. rio as I called her caught regular on the fens and ran up there every wee,.during the winter. but tbh ive saw loads that were rubbish up there. but the same can be said of saluki crosses.

did you ever think about putting it over a sal x

yes I did I used j bradfods match dog across her and bred a usefull litter of 10 pups

lol sounds good mate

how old is it and how much dh

perhaps we can have are own dh sal x comp lol if the ban is lifted of course

There's no saluki in her mate.

She is 3/8 Greyhound, 1/4 deerhound, 1/4 whippet, 1/8 collie.

The sire (deer/grey x collie/grey) did well on long ears when he went to Ireland :thumbs:

9D3CC6D0-410E-46C2-85EF-878E21CBC93C-159

• Like 3

just wondering how come the coursing dogs dont have a touch of DH in

before the saluki it was a DH x grey

how would a dog these day fare on the fens with a touch of DH in it

In my experience you just cant turn up with a DH cross at the weekend and expect it to do the buisness, they need to be worked every day to perform to any decent level, not every body has the time or wants to put the effort in, plus the law being what it is cant find enough work to get one fit in the extream, when they are fit there is no finer sight imo, atb, buster.

• Like 1

yes I did I used j bradfods match dog across her and bred a usefull litter of 10 pups

have you any pics from that litter ??

• Like 1

have you any pics from that litter ??

got a few of my own bitch I kept out of the ltter but havnt got a clue how to put them up they were a mixed litter some following the dam and some the sire and the one ended up looking like a camel lo lrough coated roach backed with huge dropped ears.

I'd rather see good coursing dogs put into deerhound stock to try and improve the deerhound, rather than try an create good coursing dogs by adding deerhound. Poor breeding for shows has left the deerhound a shadow of its former self

Agreed! 34 inch dogs trying to run is pure comedy in and of itself.

• Like 2