Advice Needed

Vixen85

Hi all,i have a harrier bitch that's about six years old, she's a decent bitch and good at her job so I wouldn't mind breeding her. I'm looking to know has anyone ever breed or used a harrier hound crossed with a wheaten terrier. The wheaten is a working dog and off a good line and of a similar age. Thanks for looking...

If the wheaten is indeed a proper wheaten (IMO most nowadays are not) then you should end up with a crossbred litter that will be quick to fight anything and a desire to go to ground.

Definitely not a type I'd like to see flying on a line over a hill in front of me.

But, like I say, that's if your using a proper wheaten.

• Like 4

Thanks for the reply Neil, I can see what you mean by fighting with anything, and I wouldn't like the fact of them going to ground. It was just an idea as I know the pups would be game if they made the grade. What do you think of the welsh hound as that's something along the lines I'd be looking for..

• 1 year later...

Hi all,i have a harrier bitch that's about six years old, she's a decent bitch and good at her job so I wouldn't mind breeding her. I'm looking to know has anyone ever breed or used a harrier hound crossed with a wheaten terrier. The wheaten is a working dog and off a good line and of a similar age. Thanks for looking...

my choice would be a nice strong 1x bullgreyhound Edited by leethedog

If the harrier bitch is doing what you want to, i don't see the point in putting anything other than a harrier dog over her?

fair point 2nd choice for me a welsh, cant see point of bullx or wheaten, its your bitch end of day depends what qualitys suit your needs best ,atb