Entrance Price Midlands Game Fair

I went Saturday all I can say is , thank God Ive got a load cover in the boot of the Subaru !! But what really pissed me off was , why had the Staffs Rural Policing Group got a stand there ! ?. The woman who runs it is anti fieldsports , in her leaflet she was giving out I quote " Lurchers are bred to kill badgers , hares , deer , and their owners care little about their welfare "!!!, this is a few hundred yards from the supposed premier lurcher show in the country ! . Sure something would have been said if she had a notice up saying "All game shooters are likely to go mad in their local primary schools " , once more the average dogmen have been hung out to dry , I wont go back whilst this group are standing there .

I was thinking the same mate

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I went Saturday all I can say is , thank God Ive got a load cover in the boot of the Subaru !! But what really pissed me off was , why had the Staffs Rural Policing Group got a stand there ! ?. The wo

Behave ya self,,, I'm yet to see an estate owner on a bike,,, don't they already make a shed load from farming ,, shooting ect?,,, don't tell me the old duke of Devonshire is skint,,,   Stop sticki

Yep.....and it's still a rip off,,,entrance fee,,, if there should be one, baring in mind how much the stalls pay to stand,,, should be no more than a £5,,,   Lets not forget any market you go to ,,

Here's a novel idea then Tomo, crack on with ya own game fair, don't charge an entrance fee, rinse the retailers and if you're predictions are right the masses will flock to this mecca in their droves.

Maybe charge them a quid to get in and call that your wages for it? The CLA sees around 300'000 people a time..... one fair an you'll be retiring comfortably my friend! LOL

. Cla get 150,000 over three days pitch costs from £1000 to &5000 cla members dont pay freinds of the cla get discount , entry last year was 20 a day with consesions worth every penny for. Whats laid on. The carboot sale that is the midland they would have to pay me to attend
  • Like 1

thats why theres so much arguing on here u all tight as a badgers arse tp pay 20 bar for a day out.look how much a ticket to a rock concert is 100,200 pound........what puts me off is the cousins following me about asking to buy my dog....i said u havent enough money on you mate......he said i got a grand on me fella....to which i said i told ya didnt have enough.

Unless there was sommat I needed and I couldn't get it on line or anywhere else, i'd never go to the Midland again... IMO, though the dog folk made up the numbers for years and years and were the bread and butter of the event, they (as have the other big shows) pushed us well and truly into the shadows. From a country point of view, unless you've a double barreled surname and are dressed in Harris tweeds they ain't marketing it for you BUT your money will do nicely if your fool enough to go.... :yes:

And proof... Well read back on Zig Zag Dan's post... ;)

Unless there was sommat I needed and I couldn't get it on line or anywhere else, i'd never go to the Midland again... IMO, though the dog folk made up the numbers for years and years and were the bread and butter of the event, they (as have the other big shows) pushed us well and truly into the shadows. From a country point of view, unless you've a double barreled surname and are dressed in Harris tweeds they ain't marketing it for you BUT your money will do nicely if your fool enough to go.... :yes:

And proof... Well read back on Zig Zag Dan's post... ;)

Best post on this thread that :thumbs:

. Cla get 150,000 over three days pitch costs from £1000 to &5000 cla members dont pay freinds of the cla get discount , entry last year was 20 a day with consesions worth every penny for. Whats laid on. The carboot sale that is the midland they would have to pay me to attend

150,000 visitors @£20=£3,000,000

500+stalls/vendors@£1,000 at least £500,000+10% of the caterers/bars takings at the end of the show(thats why the food and drinks are so dear)

and lets not forget sponsorship

So this adds up to a nice little earner for the organisers.

So really why do they need to charge so much to get in? Half the entrance cost and more people would go which would delight the stallholders and caterers/bars

Y.I.S Leeview

• Like 1

150,000 visitors @£20=£3,000,000500+stalls/vendors@£1,000 at least £500,000+10% of the caterers/bars takings at the end of the show(thats why the food and drinks are so dear)and lets not forget sponsorshipSo this adds up to a nice little earner for the organisers.So really why do they need to charge so much to get in? Half the entrance cost and more people would go which would delight the stallholders and caterers/barsY.I.S Leeview

Cos their greedy twats but i go as i enjoy the whole atmosphere and displays and stalls are second to none the midland is a carboot sale any one thinking they have seen me there yes but no money changed hands in the entry process. !!!!!!

Edited by Bosun11

GTE A Few Off The Security Actually Thought You Owned The Place . . Driving Round Like The Lord Off The Manor & Frowning On Any Staff Who Didn't Tip There Caps Too You . . Confidence Gets You EVERYWHERE !!

lol i think when i said open that gate my good man went a long way lol
  • Like 1