Entrance Price Midlands Game Fair

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I went Saturday all I can say is , thank God Ive got a load cover in the boot of the Subaru !! But what really pissed me off was , why had the Staffs Rural Policing Group got a stand there ! ?. The wo

Behave ya self,,, I'm yet to see an estate owner on a bike,,, don't they already make a shed load from farming ,, shooting ect?,,, don't tell me the old duke of Devonshire is skint,,,   Stop sticki

Yep.....and it's still a rip off,,,entrance fee,,, if there should be one, baring in mind how much the stalls pay to stand,,, should be no more than a £5,,,   Lets not forget any market you go to ,,

You went to chatsworth, and enjoyed it...?

There's feck all there ,,, or the wasn't 3 year ago last time I went and vowed never to go again,,, the stalls there were just tools and other bull shit,,

Like I said should be no more than a fiver,,, can't believe you think 20 is worth it,,, it's not like going to a theam park paying an entry to go on mechanicle rides is it,,,,

It's like going to vicy centre in notts,,, or meadow hall in sheff,,, and being charged an entry to go in and shop?

Tomo, the estates have to make some money, so they run different events and charge for it.

Feck all there........ what do you want? The only thing that I could see missing was gun traders, of which I didn't miss at all, and paki stands selling tat. Just seemed everything was better quality and in a much nicer setting.

I really don't see 20 quid to get in as a big deal. If the fairs are so shite it's not worth 20 quid, don't go. Go to the pub for the afternoon instead and blow 50.....

unless your taurquin and only need to buy two pints.......... :whistling:

same as always, lots of moans about the entrance fee, cost of grub ETC, have you lot ever thought about pre-booking and taking your own grub

Yep.....and it's still a rip off,,,entrance fee,,, if there should be one, baring in mind how much the stalls pay to stand,,, should be no more than a £5,,,

Lets not forget any market you go to ,,,be it a Sunday market,,, high street market,,, or even a boot sale ,,, you don't pay an entry fee,,,,the market it's self makes its money from the stalls.... Should be no different

so you think the entrance fee should only be £5, does that pay the wages of all the staff manning the car parks, the entrance gates, the people going round constantly picking up the shit that the bone idle ones just drop on the floor, the security guards, also plod would not be there for free, if you think its too expensive then just don`t go.

out of interest has any one got any idea what they pay for the displays, bet its more than just expenses

Yes I think it should be a fiver,,, if not free,,, surly the wages come out the site rents for stalls,,,,, how do you think meadow hall or any shopping mall pay there staff,,,,, that's right site rent from the shops.....

You keep throwing em out,, and I'll knock back,,;)

• Like 1

Yes I think it should be a fiver,,, if not free,,, surly the wages come out the site rents for stalls,,,,, how do you think meadow hall or any shopping mall pay there staff,,,,, that's right site rent from the shops.....

You keep throwing em out,, and I'll knock back,, ;)

I'm far from a businessman tomo, but what is the upkeep of a shopping center compared to a country estate? If the estate hit the retailers too hard with fees they would soon have no retailers. It's just economics, game and country fairs aren't shopping centers and I'd hazard a guess it would not be profitable to run them like one.

You keep throwing em out,, and I'll knock back,, ;)

I'm far from a businessman tomo, but what is the upkeep of a shopping center compared to a country estate? If the estate hit the retailers too hard with fees they would soon have no retailers. It's just economics, game and country fairs aren't shopping centers and I'd hazard a guess it would not be profitable to run them like one.

Behave ya self,,, I'm yet to see an estate owner on a bike,,, don't they already make a shed load from farming ,, shooting ect?,,, don't tell me the old duke of Devonshire is skint,,,

Stop sticking up them you bunch of fannys,, lol. You ain't going to convince me were not being ripped of paying 20 to get in a show....

And they do hit the retailers hard for rent,,, it's a fecking lot of money for a big stand at a big show,, it's the sort of money a shop would pay in a month,,, of course you have the customers at a show,, but none of you lot are telling me ,,, there not making a stink load of money at these shows,,, they wouldn't do it if they weren't,,, I just think us lot the customers shouldn't have to pay,,, apart from a nominal amount at best...

Last Time I took the family to the midland about 2 years ago ,, cost me over 100 entrance fees ,,, kids fair rides ,,burgers not to mention fuel,,,,

IT'S TO MUCH FECKING MONEY

• Like 6

Here's a novel idea then Tomo, crack on with ya own game fair, don't charge an entrance fee, rinse the retailers and if you're predictions are right the masses will flock to this mecca in their droves.

Maybe charge them a quid to get in and call that your wages for it? The CLA sees around 300'000 people a time..... one fair an you'll be retiring comfortably my friend! LOL

same as always, lots of moans about the entrance fee, cost of grub ETC, have you lot ever thought about pre-booking and taking your own grub

Yep.....and it's still a rip off,,,entrance fee,,, if there should be one, baring in mind how much the stalls pay to stand,,, should be no more than a £5,,,

Lets not forget any market you go to ,,,be it a Sunday market,,, high street market,,, or even a boot sale ,,, you don't pay an entry fee,,,,the market it's self makes its money from the stalls.... Should be no different

so you think the entrance fee should only be £5, does that pay the wages of all the staff manning the car parks, the entrance gates, the people going round constantly picking up the shit that the bone idle ones just drop on the floor, the security guards, also plod would not be there for free, if you think its too expensive then just don`t go.

out of interest has any one got any idea what they pay for the displays, bet its more than just expenses

There all volunteers apart from the police who would be on duty anyway but they maybe have to pay for a few for traffic control . the most expensive thing is the cost of the site for stall holders but they just pass on that cost thats why ice cream and a bag of chips that cost a quid they want £3 for ,Thats why i stopped going and internet shop

• Like 1

I put 10 bobs worth of petrol in my kia picanto, went out into the fields, crackin day out

We have a kia picanto....best little run-about weve ever had..ive never been stopped by the law (even at silly o'clock) after all who'd go rabbiting in one of those...lol....Gave up going to shows a long time ago ..too expensive.

I put 10 bobs worth of petrol in my kia picanto, went out into the fields, crackin day out

We have a kia picanto....best little run-about weve ever had..ive never been stopped by the law (even at silly o'clock) after all who'd go rabbiting in one of those...lol....Gave up going to shows a long time ago ..too expensive.

:laugh: im not jokin pal, ive been out today for a good mooch, ive still got 9 shillings and 4d worth of petrol left, eh, im not daft

• Like 2

not been to the midlands since my mate cleaned up in the bull x ring around 05/06-cant really remember-it was f***ing expensive then for a munch/drink-come to think of it since then ive noticed a lot of f***ing thieves decked out in chinos and brylocreem at most the big ones and the little local shows-best to leave the dogs in the house :yes: i go to support my local hunt shows and enjoy a drink with tidy lads-went up to the welsh this year-me and my lad-spent we over 150 notes and only had mr harcombes book to show for it,couple cheap tacky toys :icon_redface:

• Like 1