Entrance Price Midlands Game Fair

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I went Saturday all I can say is , thank God Ive got a load cover in the boot of the Subaru !! But what really pissed me off was , why had the Staffs Rural Policing Group got a stand there ! ?. The wo

Behave ya self,,, I'm yet to see an estate owner on a bike,,, don't they already make a shed load from farming ,, shooting ect?,,, don't tell me the old duke of Devonshire is skint,,,   Stop sticki

Yep.....and it's still a rip off,,,entrance fee,,, if there should be one, baring in mind how much the stalls pay to stand,,, should be no more than a £5,,,   Lets not forget any market you go to ,,

It's definitely not the same standard of show since countryman fairs took over the running of it, I say it each year that it just isn't as good but they are getting far too greedy with their charges.

I noticed several stalls not present this year, cost of exhibiting I wonder? I always felt it was a more down to earth type of show for the actual field sports person with no tatt, but no longer, shame really, think ill give a miss in the future.you could always get a bargain or two but not any more.

On Saturday I was concerned about the amount of gypsies about, they seemed to be there on mass, stand out well and truly as I don't remember as many in the past, probably why several clothing stalls had at least two security guards working in hi-viz clothing.

Still managed to spend a fortune on new gear, great choice that's why I like going, but no bargains, stick with eBay in the future I think.

same as always, lots of moans about the entrance fee, cost of grub ETC, have you lot ever thought about pre-booking and taking your own grub

Yep.....and it's still a rip off,,,entrance fee,,, if there should be one, baring in mind how much the stalls pay to stand,,, should be no more than a £5,,,

Lets not forget any market you go to ,,,be it a Sunday market,,, high street market,,, or even a boot sale ,,, you don't pay an entry fee,,,,the market it's self makes its money from the stalls.... Should be no different

• Like 3

same as always, lots of moans about the entrance fee, cost of grub ETC, have you lot ever thought about pre-booking and taking your own grub

Yep.....and it's still a rip off,,,entrance fee,,, if there should be one, baring in mind how much the stalls pay to stand,,, should be no more than a £5,,,

Lets not forget any market you go to ,,,be it a Sunday market,,, high street market,,, or even a boot sale ,,, you don't pay an entry fee,,,,the market it's self makes its money from the stalls.... Should be no different

1500 quid plus is a lot to make back over a weekend. no wonder there ain't many bargains to be had

I went Saturday all I can say is , thank God Ive got a load cover in the boot of the Subaru !! But what really pissed me off was , why had the Staffs Rural Policing Group got a stand there ! ?. The woman who runs it is anti fieldsports , in her leaflet she was giving out I quote " Lurchers are bred to kill badgers , hares , deer , and their owners care little about their welfare "!!!, this is a few hundred yards from the supposed premier lurcher show in the country ! . Sure something would have been said if she had a notice up saying "All game shooters are likely to go mad in their local primary schools " , once more the average dogmen have been hung out to dry , I wont go back whilst this group are standing there .

• Like 7

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Same thread every year.

None of you payed 25 quid to get into the CLA then? :laugh:

I went to Chatsworth this year, 20 quid each on the gate and thoroughly enjoyed it. Let's be honest a 20 minute 50 bird sporting will cost you that or a mornings coursing 10 years ago or going to the pub for an hour or two on a Sunday afternoon with the misses.

I'm potless this month, couldn't afford to go if I had wanted to, but I still don't think it's that much really when put in perspective.

• Like 1

You went to chatsworth, and enjoyed it...?

There's feck all there ,,, or the wasn't 3 year ago last time I went and vowed never to go again,,, the stalls there were just tools and other bull shit,,

Like I said should be no more than a fiver,,, can't believe you think 20 is worth it,,, it's not like going to a theam park paying an entry to go on mechanicle rides is it,,,,

It's like going to vicy centre in notts,,, or meadow hall in sheff,,, and being charged an entry to go in and shop?

• Like 2

i allways thought gamefairs where about country persuits not a shoping mall for anti country sports baths handbags and other weird stuff should all be stopped had a year off this year by the sound of things didnt miss a lot

You went to chatsworth, and enjoyed it...?

There's feck all there ,,, or the wasn't 3 year ago last time I went and vowed never to go again,,, the stalls there were just tools and other bull shit,,

Like I said should be no more than a fiver,,, can't believe you think 20 is worth it,,, it's not like going to a theam park paying an entry to go on mechanicle rides is it,,,,

It's like going to vicy centre in notts,,, or meadow hall in sheff,,, and being charged an entry to go in and shop?

Tomo, the estates have to make some money, so they run different events and charge for it.

Feck all there........ what do you want? The only thing that I could see missing was gun traders, of which I didn't miss at all, and paki stands selling tat. Just seemed everything was better quality and in a much nicer setting.

I really don't see 20 quid to get in as a big deal. If the fairs are so shite it's not worth 20 quid, don't go. Go to the pub for the afternoon instead and blow 50.....