Silvers

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

FFS its a different colour ferret mun !!

Holy jesus f****n wept   WHAT IS IT WITH THIS PLACE ! hahahaha   A silver is just a white !! with darker guard hairs, EXACTELY THE SAME !!!!!!!!!!!

I know colour means f**k all but some of the best ferrets I've ever had were silvers.

My Albino is my most friendly Jill! But a fantastic worker! So I am affraid I disagree!

Are you looking for ferrets (kits)? This years, be ready Mid-End October.

I will have Poleys, Silvers & possibly an odd Albino... They are still very small but just getting thier colours. Will upload an album of them when their a little bigger!

My Albino is my most friendly Jill! But a fantastic worker! So I am affraid I disagree!

I will have Poleys, Silvers & possibly an odd Albino... They are still very small but just getting thier colours. Will upload an album of them when their a little bigger!

Theyre quite late aint they? ...

Silvers and albinos are shit workers

and aggressive

Ha ha pmsl

What about Sussex black legged ferrets then

:hmm:Ahh,...well mentioned Jamie,....

The extremely rare and virtually extinct,..'Sussex Rife ferret,.( Rife - a small river, especially across the West Sussex coastal plain ) the beasts that dwell within,...being colloquially named,..Ye Olde Sussex Black Leg...

Edited by Phil Lloyd
  • Like 1

The best worker I've ever had was a silver. I've still got her here, but in retirement as she had a stroke or something similar.

However I can see a grain of logic in what the op has heard. At the end of the day there are a lot of folk who breed for color and cash rather than working ability. So I would imagine there are quite a lot is silvers, bews etc out there that have been bred from non workers and jackers.

Theyre quite late aint they? ...

They are a little late, however the breding this year wasn't intentional... Although Jills come out of season September/ October, all my litters are born... I don't seperate them from Mum untill at least 8 weeks.

Theres good and bad in everything....

Blanketing opinions of certain colours.... is daft....

Get them from the right stock.... be it...poley....albino...silver...or bright blue.....

Id bet it would graft....

• Like 1

Nah, there's some truth in what he's saying. There's some dodgy gene that CAN but doesn't always come out in silvers (think it's just the badger marked animals), that in summary means they aren't all there. Bred 2 such creatures 10-15 years ago, from a top silver Jill, to a top of the range albino hob, both kits used to go to sleep in burrows, then at the age of probably 2 they became nippy, and by the age of 3 they looked as if they'd had strokes and subsequently died, some of the non silver litter mates were quality animals, and stopped until dug to. There's a great article some where of ferret genetics that'll back this up.

Nah, there's some truth in what he's saying. There's some dodgy gene that CAN but doesn't always come out in silvers (think it's just the badger marked animals), that in summary means they aren't all there. Bred 2 such creatures 10-15 years ago, from a top silver Jill, to a top of the range albino hob, both kits used to go to sleep in burrows, then at the age of probably 2 they became nippy, and by the age of 3 they looked as if they'd had strokes and subsequently died, some of the non silver litter mates were quality animals, and stopped until dug to. There's a great article some where of ferret genetics that'll back this up.

You think that relates to colour? ....

And not just the genetics from the parents?....

Sure...in the whole world... somebody has had a poley thats done that...and a sandy...and a BEW...