10 Month Old Lurcher

Mine is 9 months not even seen a bunny yet gonna bring her on very gently this winter,think its important not to shout at her whatever she does as think this can put them off for life,she scared of gates at the moment lol so will have to conquer that one very gently before she has a run

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don`t rush   That really is a rule worth following. Too many are over keen, and can damage a dogs potential by running it too early. Granted, all dogs differ, and really , the only person who can c

dont run him with another dog when hes learning,i dont even have another dog present,try him off on a dead catch,mixi rabbit if poss,build up his confidence.dont run the grannys out of him.

Just wondering wether i should try him on a few rabbits tonight he's been out with us lamping and is keen to go but i have not yet slipped him eny advice would be appreciated.

Well he's now 11month and yet to catch a rabbit but he had a day time long ears by mistake it just got up and ther wasn't much i could do so i sliped him on 1 at night and he court it bt iv slipped him on bwt 5 easy rabbits but not court 1 yet:/

Took my nine month old bitch ferreting today,still classed it as play time,older lurcher had a couple of runs and she just followed her,not bothered at least she got used to the ferrets,still baby's at that age not expecting too much till she quite a bit older......left me terrier at home today so have got two tired dogs and one sulking like f***

well i think it comes down with each pup abilty, more than a age thing.? Bryn my 1x collie x grey , had his 1st rabbit at 5 month old, and had 100 rabbits by time he was 12 1/2 month old. Iknew from that 1st rabbit it was easy for him, the way caught it so holding a dog back like him was pointless . my other pup now 1x gsd x grey Buck had dozen rabbits at 9 month old, differnt type in size but still plenty of abilty to pick a rabbit up. As said it comes down to each pup i think, not so much age.!!

• 3 weeks later...

Is there any benefit from bringing a pup out jst to watch another dog lamp?Im sure my pup would yap while watching can this easily turn into yapping while running- i obv know theres a big difference. I started my first pup on her own but eager get current one out to watch.

• 4 months later...

As your topic appears to be in the wrong section, (a non hunting post), we have moved it to the appropriate forum.

Read the forum rules, top of the section.

This is an automatically generated reply.

its up to u if the dog is matue n well able the odd easy slipp will ok .ihave a pup here goin 8months that still goes on like 12week pup so i no hes goin to a lot longer to bring on watch and learn from your dog then u will no if hes ready atb