Now there has been a lot of topics on here about feeding raw, and there has been some great information and advice given.

However, I know that a lot of folk also feed dry, either exclusively, or as part of the diet, with raw meat etc added.

I'm wondering what folk have found to be the 'best' dry food to feed your runners on?

And i'm not looking for an explanation of how and why raw is better than dry, I understand the advantages of a BARF diet.

What I want to know, is that when you need to or decide to feed dry food, which brand do you use, as there is a lot of shit out there.

I've always used Beta, my old man used Alpha, but has just changed to Skinners, and I'm about to try to Iams with the pup as i've heard good reports . . . . .

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I cant justify spending £40-60 on a 15kg bag of dog food ,...............plenty of barf with dr john etc etc & veg............ it don't make them run any faster,............the barf does enough f

Top and bottom of it is that there's a massive difference between filling a dog and feeding a dog....any dozy prick can fill a dog....

If its expensive it must be better then.   Nah a load of bollox !!

Posted Images

Markus muhele.

Fantastic stuff.

£70 for 2 x 15kg sacks if ordered from the supplier in Germany.

There are some uk suppliers but none near me.

It's not often I can justify spending that sort of cash on dry. Times are hard. So I feed gain 28 with plenty of meat and bones.

Bit Markus is the best dry I've used. Dogs looked superb.

Gaz

• Like 2

Taste of the wild ...not cheap but my pup looking good on it ..just a handful in with the raw ... Borderscot recomended it to me and his dog's look well ...

http://www.tasteofthewildpetfood.com/products/

As Dave says - it's not cheap - around the £50 mark for 13kg bags. No grain....and all good stuff. Results speak for themselves.... :thumbs:

I work on an approx 70% flesh and 20% complete and 10% carbs from veg + pasta or rice.... :thumbs: Works for me and mine.... :yes:

Might seem daft feeding carbs in the form of rice and pasta when I feed a no grain food - but I know what carbs I am feeding and it ain't crammed with shitty fillers..... :thumbs:

I cant justify spending £40-60 on a 15kg bag of dog food ,...............plenty of barf with dr john etc etc & veg............

it don't make them run any faster,............the barf does enough for the condition of a dog................plenty ribs ,..chicken carcass......horse meat,......beef.....etc

no need to spend silly in my honest opionion..........if your feeding barf aswell............too many got more money than sense........think of the old times ,........they never had all this and that,...............nothing gets wasted here ,............scraps are eaten by the dogs and plenty meat about........

• Like 5