Bloody Wasps

Me and the dogs just been attacked by a swarm of wasps. Dogs got a few stings or at least I wacked a few off them. Think I got the brunt of them tbh, forgot how much they hurt lol. Going to keep an eye on the dogs but hopefully they will be ok, seem fine upto now and this happened about an hour ago, was a good mooch up until then, few rabbits bolted and setts found

Had two nests in our garden this year.. one in house air brick, fettled that one with spray

other one in greenhouse.. me and other half got multiple stings when tidying garden so had to get exterminator out.. nest was big, full and ready to hatch so would have been thousands.

Fekin horrible things and this time of year are cracked up on rotten fruit so mental :icon_eek:

Seems to be a serious year for them too. I seen a large nest the other day. When I looked at it the following day a badger had destroyed most of it.

Years ago I entered a terrier in a large bank and I was standing over the entrances with a gun hoping for a bolt.

I looked at one entrance and could see a few wasps walking around. A minute later there were several and they were starting to wake up. Thankfully the earth was empty (except for the wasps) and as soon as the terrier appeared I legged it bringing her with me as they were starting to swarm.

She had obviously disturbed the nest underground. This was a week before Christmas.