European Pole Cats

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Opinions on euro polecats as you can see from the pic one is a euro and one is a regular polecat. The European polecat has a hell of alot more instinct that the regular. You can tell by the way she behaves compared to the others. What's your thoughts on this??

i'd agree there's something wilder about my eu compared to my ferrets of the same age, he is also more highly strung, very alert. But I don't work him just keep him as a pet. My hob above is also stronger for his age than my adult ferrets and has a little more muscle mass. just things I've noticed with my keen eye :tongue2: lol

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You're doing a good enough job by yourself !!

theres 50 odd thousand members on here and when someone talks about having a line of eu polecats they get shot down straight away, theres got to be loads out there,here in britain, even if theyr not

eu polecat is just an excuse for a numpty to charge another numpty what he wants. tell me whats wrong with a domesticated ferret?

Posted Images

Jesus

I go to sleep for 1 day, !!

Nice FERRETS, cause thats all they are, except that you prob paid 4 times going rate for them cause some chancer fed you a line abot the fabled "EU Poley "

sucker. Nice attitude by the way

Show me one person that claims to have one that can prove it ! even tell me where they trapped it ?? none ??

Nope.

I`ve nothing against anyone, but all these ferrets that folk claim to be polecats, are just ferrets. Prove ,me wrong.

True there are some folks that falsely claim to have pure eu's when they are just ferrets in order to fleece people but there will also be some who have trapped and bred em. It aint an extinct species mate! Can you explain how these animals like the ones uploaded on this thread both have the eu look to them? i'd say there are breeders who sell them as pure when they are really hybrids but you can usually tell by observing the animal's behaviour too whether they have eu in them or not. The ones sold in this country are probably at most under 70% as there is a lot of ferret in the line BUT they still behave differently etc to the normal ferret. Let me tell you, if you visited my brother works ferrets and lives on the continent, you would see what real full polecats look and behave like-he has them as pets and they ARENT TAME. nasty buggers lol.

I have mates who have some that are wilder and shyer than my very tame one, then again, I haven't given him enough time to turn as he is still only 27 weeks :tongue2: all jokes aside, I dont think they should cost more unless they are 100% the genuine article but thats just me.

Can you explain how these animals like the ones uploaded on this thread both have the eu look to them?

What exactly is the 'EU look?' It takes a DNA test to distinguish a genuine polecat from a polecat coloured ferret with 100% certainty, yet so many who have bought these darker animals can seemingly do the same by looking at a picture on the Internet..
Guest norseman

eu polecat is just an excuse for a numpty to charge another numpty what he wants. tell me whats wrong with a domesticated ferret?

You calling me a numpty fcuk face??? What's wrong are u jealous?? We're u bullied as a child? Did your mum not love u enough? If u want to argue and fight join a boxing club ok? Pea brains

you on your jam rag?

True there are some folks that falsely claim to have pure eu's when they are just ferrets in order to fleece people but there will also be some who have trapped and bred em. It aint an extinct species mate! Can you explain how these animals like the ones uploaded on this thread both have the eu look to them? i'd say there are breeders who sell them as pure when they are really hybrids but you can usually tell by observing the animal's behaviour too whether they have eu in them or not. The ones sold in this country are probably at most under 70% as there is a lot of ferret in the line BUT they still behave differently etc to the normal ferret. Let me tell you, if you visited my brother works ferrets and lives on the continent, you would see what real full polecats look and behave like-he has them as pets and they ARENT TAME. nasty buggers lol.

I have mates who have some that are wilder and shyer than my very tame one, then again, I haven't given him enough time to turn as he is still only 27 weeks :tongue2: all jokes aside, I dont think they should cost more unless they are 100% the genuine article but thats just me.

If you look up research into the wild eu polecat done on the continent, it clearly details that there is 2 distinct colour variations in them. The first is a meadow/hedgerow hunter that is lighter in colour due to the habitat it hunts/lives in, the second is much darker and lives/hunt in forest/woodland, so basically their coats suit where they live to blend in with the surroundings, now when anyone claims they have trapped/caught a wild polecat why are they always the darker ones they managed to catch? I dont recall anyone showing a light coloured eu polecat they have caught? perhaps these may be next years must have a light eu polecat that was trapped and bred from?

Y.I.S Leeview