Hardwire Lithium Battery

BIGLURKS

Go to B&Q and buy an orange Lawnmower connector plug and socket. Wire it up, hey presto ! fixed.

Use the socket on the short lead that the cigar fitting was on, and wire the plug to the lamp.

thx lad I just wanted too make sure it was safe too do so ill just cut it and solder them up instead of connectors fed up of the 12v cig thing slipping out
  • Like 1

Go to B&Q and buy an orange Lawnmower connector plug and socket. Wire it up, hey presto ! fixed.

Use the socket on the short lead that the cigar fitting was on, and wire the plug to the lamp.

thx lad I just wanted too make sure it was safe too do so ill just cut it and solder them up instead of connectors fed up of the 12v cig thing slipping out

filter001_zps4c0facba.jpg

• 1 month later...

Quick question, is there an inline fuse inside the fag lighter end of a striker lamp??. similar to above, i always hardwired my striker to the old battery, cut the end off and threw it away, now i have a lithium, would it be best to use an inline fuse? i dont really want to cut the female cigarette lighter bit off in case the batt goes tits up and i need to send it back under warranty.

Cheers

B

PS

Used them orange strimmer connectors before, sturdy and waterproof, never pull apart

Quick question, is there an inline fuse inside the fag lighter end of a striker lamp??. similar to above, i always hardwired my striker to the old battery, cut the end off and threw it away, now i have a lithium, would it be best to use an inline fuse? i dont really want to cut the female cigarette lighter bit off in case the batt goes tits up and i need to send it back under warranty.

Cheers

B

PS

Used them orange strimmer connectors before, sturdy and waterproof, never pull apart

The couple I replaced years ago had fuses in the male end, but folk been saying on here that they don't, maybe the better versions I bought to replace the ones that come with lamps had fuses but the actual lamp ones don't.. open it and see lol

Cheers

B

PS

The couple I replaced years ago had fuses in the male end, but folk been saying on here that they don't, maybe the better versions I bought to replace the ones that come with lamps had fuses but the actual lamp ones don't.. open it and see lol

What size fuse was it hot meat?? do you remember ??