Pick Of The Litter

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There's some amount of shit and bunkum bandied about when it comes to choosing pups......if they're happy and healthy and well fed and well fleshed, alert and bright, bold and inquisitive with a confo

ip dip dogshit

This is what Hubbs off here did for me. He offered to gift me pick of the litter and said he wouldn't let anyone else view them until I picked mine and if I wanted to wait until they were 8 weeks I co

think everyone has there own idea on the best way to pick

theres :-

the quiet 1 that doesnt run straight to you when you go to see them

the 1 that is straight to you jumping up

the colour

markings

check the bite (teeth)

dog / bitch

racy type

thick set

the list is endless, the only person that can choose is you.

• Like 1

my personal choice is good bite, not too timid but not too giddy lol and also good knuckles and also a pup thats toes dont spread too far apart when there stood, but as i say thats my preferences, and also take into consideration if you have other dogs, wether to get same sex or mixed as you then have to seperate when in heat and soo on. anyway atb in which ever you choose and get some pics up when youve got him/her :thumbs:

Don't pick a pup till they are about6 weeks and then it will be easy

How would all the other pups.... be able to be 'booked'... if the guy who has pick... wont pick until 6 weeks?....

Think this all boils down to the seller being honest and telling the interested parties that someone has pick of the litter then after that the picks are on a first come first served basis at whatever age the first choice is done.

Any time I have bought a pup I have gone and seen them at 4 weeks and picked out 2 with the breeder. If my first choice is spoken for after the pick of the litter then I usually get the other one. Leaving a deposit is a good way to gain a marker with the breeder too.

• Like 1

How would all the other pups.... be able to be 'booked'... if the guy who has pick... wont pick until 6 weeks?....

Think this all boils down to the seller being honest and telling the interested parties that someone has pick of the litter then after that the picks are on a first come first served basis at whatever age the first choice is done.

This is what Hubbs off here did for me. He offered to gift me pick of the litter and said he wouldn't let anyone else view them until I picked mine and if I wanted to wait until they were 8 weeks I could.

I pretty much knew the one I wanted from a photo, well it was between 2 and my mind was made up when i went to see them at 4.5 weeks.

I wanted the calmest, quietest, steadiest pup which wasn't nervous or shy. It wasn't scared to come to me but it was just as happy to curl up on its own and go to sleep.

It has worked for me. She just eats and sleeps :laugh:

• Like 2

This is what Hubbs off here did for me. He offered to gift me pick of the litter and said he wouldn't let anyone else view them until I picked mine and if I wanted to wait until they were 8 weeks I could.

I pretty much knew the one I wanted from a photo, well it was between 2 and my mind was made up when i went to see them at 4.5 weeks.

I wanted the calmest, quietest, steadiest pup which wasn't nervous or shy. It wasn't scared to come to me but it was just as happy to curl up on its own and go to sleep.

It has worked for me. She just eats and sleeps :laugh:

Without sounding like a knob....

Maybe thats why he has 2.... now 1 pup left over? ..... if you would have chosen yours the week or so it was born....maybe they would have all homes sorted earlier than now? ....

:thumbs: ....