Warranty Issues

hi i bought a new fx t12 a few days ago and it has screwed up. i can fix it myself but that would void the warranty so i dont want to. i went back to the shop (when i bought it she said that it came with no warranty however if you buy a brand new fx it comes with 1 years man warranty) and said i needed the original proof of purchase and she got very high rate as she told me it came with no warranty. so i told her, i came with no transaction warranty but it came with man warranty. she didnt understand so i elaborated. she then said that sh didnt have the proof of purchase and then about 5 minutes later said she did and that it would be with her accountant. so i said right then, so just ask for it. she then said no because the accountant would just tell her to f**k off as the accountant would have to wade through 7 years of accounts to find it. then the seller said she would give me my money back but i said, "I dont want money i want proof of purchase as i dont know if this is brand new" (it was ex disp) she said well you bought it for £300 and thats a bargain and when you came to check it out and you shot it, it still had plenty of air in and most guns dont hold air for more than a year." so i told her that was irrelevant and that i bought the gun because of the gun it was and not because it was cheap, however that was a bonus. she also mention that it wasnt her that purchase it but it was her brother that she doesnt speak to anymore as they had a fall out. basically i want to know if im in the wrong? i did apologize for being a pain in the ass btw. also is she obliged to provide proof of purchase?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

you have statutory rights Under the sale of goods act 1979 mate   Under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 goods must be as described, of satisfactory quality and fit for purpose. Fit for purpose means bot

Was it a secondhand shop? If it was a second hand shop, then you get a standard 3month warranty on secondhand goods AND the shop must be an RFD or they are illegally supplying Firearms.    

yep

you have statutory rights Under the sale of goods act 1979 mate

Under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 goods must be as described, of satisfactory quality and fit for purpose.

Fit for purpose means both their everyday purpose, and also any specific purpose that you agreed with the seller

Your rights are against the shop – the company that sold you the product – not the manufacturer, and so you must make any claim against the retailer.(The shop)

You have the right to reject your item and get a refund within four weeks of purchase

You could also ask the shop to repair or replace your item within six months of purchase

In the first six months from when you buy something, the onus is on the seller to prove it was of satisfactory quality when you received it.

If the shop says the problem must be due to something you've done, it's for them to prove that.

If something is not of satisfactory quality, you have the right under the sale of goods act, to a refund, or have it replaced or repaired free of charge.

You can ask the shop to do either, but it can normally choose to do whichever would be cheapest.

If the shop refuses to repair the faulty goods, you may have the right to arrange for someone else to repair them and claim compensation from the retailer for the cost of doing this.

If the shop refuses to provide any remedy, such as replacing the item, you can either have your money back minus an amount for the use you've had of it, or keep the item and get a reduction on the price you paid.

If you're having problems and the shop won't repair or replace or replace your goods then it should be reported to your local Trading Standards department as they are breaching your statutory rights.

:thumbs:

Darryl

• Like 3

what do you mean by, she doesn't have a leg to stand on?

Your receipt is your proof of purchase, therefore it is your transaction warranty, the law is on your side and she cant claim there is no Warranty, your contract is with her she needs to get it fixed under warranty ;)

thats fantastic. also, the mention of parts being replaced caught my attention. it came with no mag so could that be replaced by the vendor?

No!!

Not unless it was sold to you as mag included and it was missing when you opened the packaging.