Daystate Huntsman Regal

Hi guys this is my first post on this forum so i'm new to all this.

I was wondering weather any of you have already got your hands on the new Daystate huntsman regal?

I have ordered one from my local gunsmiths but it takes four weeks from the factory and i still haven't received it. From what i have seen in videos and pictures it looks like the have improved the shot count, tidied up the stock and improved the value system using titanium but i still have no idea how it feels in the hand and how it shoots.

any info on this new gun would be great

ATB Jack

Really pleased with mine in .177, had the classic before it. Definitely nicer wood by a long way, very accurate, slightly more shots, marginaly quicker lock time etc.

Long and short of it, you have made a good choice and won't be disappointed. Stick a mamba lite or a Hawke panorama ev so on it and it will be the danglies.

• Like 2

Yeah mine is a .177 with mamba lite

very nice rifle and very happy with it my standing shooting is much better ,I put this down to the weight approx 2.8 kg with the silencer and scope fitted

The daystate carbon silencer is crap though don't bother with one of them overrated and expensive

Ordered a huggett belita shroud and silencer £135

I intend to buy another regal in .22 when I have the funds.

Hope this helps

• Like 1

Hate to be a party pooper lads, but Im only saying what I was told the other day in a gunshop..

He told me he had sold a couple of them to end up coming back, all doing 9.5 fpe, one had been back to daystate a few times and was still suffering problems, the gunshop owner told me he was getting fed up with Daystate.

So just make sure they are doing the power you want for whatever your doing, 9.5 fpe is ok for hft and short range hunting but personally I would want more like 11.5 for hunting, but that's just me.

Edited by engraver
  • Like 4

Hate to be a party pooper lads, but Im only saying what I was told the other day in a gunshop..

He told me he had sold a couple of them to end up coming back, all doing 9.5 fpe, one had been back to daystate a few times and was still suffering problems, the gunshop owner told me he was getting fed up with Daystate.

So just make sure they are doing the power you want for whatever your doing, 9.5 fpe is ok for hft and short range hunting but personally I would want more like 11.5 for hunting, but that's just me.

There's nothing wrong with negative opinions. Without them you don't get a true review.

However it's not uncommon for all makes and models to have a few with problems.

Well said moxy

This is one of the only places you get honest reviews

I have never read a bad one in an air gun magazine

And you won't!! Has anybody ever read a negative review in any gun mag??

Even the hatsan crap gets rave reviews.

Well said moxy

No they don't. You have to learn to read what is written - they won't say "this is rubbish", they will say "suitable for back garden plinking" - what ISN'T written is as powerful as what is. If it doesn't say it is good for long range Rocky Mountain Elk shooting - then it isn't......diplomacy is used, but if you actually READ the reports in Airgun Shooter, they do point out the pitfalls or where things can be improved. Nigel actually had a rifle tuned, a cheap rifle, and it was smoothed out and performed incredibly well. i shot it and couldn't believe how it had been transformed.

So many of these negative comments are made by folks who think nothing of having to spend £000s on a small hatchback to make it go and stop properly....but they aren't rubbish cars at the outset are they! The way the magazines work is, if something is THAT bad, they won't review it at all - if you don't see a review on a particular rifle, steer well clear!

• Like 1

Hi guys thanks for the reply's and thanks for your kind words.

The stock does look great and i'm really looking forward to getting the rifle, i was also looking at getting the huggett belita as it's so short but still seems to be good at reducing the bark of the gun, and with the looks of the regal it deserves a moderator that keeps up the good looks, I also have decided to get an MTC mamba except I have got the 4-16x50 with the removable illuminated reticule as i got an awesome deal on the scope (£150) from my local gunsmiths brand new, I think they retail for over £200. I think that my standing shooting will also be improved as this gun is the perfect weight. overall I think iv'e made the right choice and can't wait to test it out, i will let you guys know how i get on.

I do think that every now and then there are some guns that do go out the factory's with something wrong with them, i even had a weihrauch hw97 that wasn't working properly that had to be sent back and weihrauch are known for their precision engineering and build quality, in the end we ended up buying a hw100.

what would you say about putting a bi-pod on the regal? i'm just worried that i would mess up that really nice wraparound chekering

all replies are appreciated

ATB Jack

Well said moxy

No they don't. You have to learn to read what is written - they won't say "this is rubbish", they will say "suitable for back garden plinking" - what ISN'T written is as powerful as what is. If it doesn't say it is good for long range Rocky Mountain Elk shooting - then it isn't......diplomacy is used, but if you actually READ the reports in Airgun Shooter, they do point out the pitfalls or where things can be improved. Nigel actually had a rifle tuned, a cheap rifle, and it was smoothed out and performed incredibly well. i shot it and couldn't believe how it had been transformed.

So many of these negative comments are made by folks who think nothing of having to spend £000s on a small hatchback to make it go and stop properly....but they aren't rubbish cars at the outset are they! The way the magazines work is, if something is THAT bad, they won't review it at all - if you don't see a review on a particular rifle, steer well clear!

So sponsorship and advertising money dont play a big part in the mags then :hmm:

I have had a time where i skimmed through a mag or two, but im guessing that my ignorance and lack of intelligence didnt enable me to READ the reviews or the articles and i only managed to look at the pictures. But that was a long while ago and there isnt a chance im now going to be paying to look through a catalogue.

Just to make this clear, im not having a pop at any magazine in particular, they have their place but not for me.

Also to add im having a little pop at a certain manufacturer for my own reasons and these are my own opinions, however, you can only polish a turd so much.

Back to my earlier post which you failed to include in your quote of highlight in red, or you simply just didnt READ,

"There's nothing wrong with negative opinions. Without them you don't get a true review.."

Atb