Pet/worker

I have a beddie/whippet cross 22in good feet and smooth coat great nose,I would go with a good working whippet x beddie, rough or smooth coat, doesnt really matter

just not as fragile as pure whippet and normally have a thicker coat, this is just my opinion :thumbs:

That'll be the same kinda dog as Rake Aboot has.... :whistling:

• Like 2

I have a beddie/whippet cross 22in good feet and smooth coat great nose,I would go with a good working whippet x beddie, rough or smooth coat, doesnt really matter

just not as fragile as pure whippet and normally have a thicker coat, this is just my opinion :thumbs:

And he's more like 23tts :laugh:

And he's more like 23tts :laugh:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

23" my arse, 22 3/4 " mibbe nae bull ! :laugh:

Aye,, I wouldn`t have a pure whippet, certainly not as a pet come occasional worker. Try explaining to the missus why you broke the dog AGAIN.

If you want a working dog, get one, but make it clear to the family it`s a working dog, so when it goes tits up they understand why.

They are too fragile unless they are a big fuckoff whippet from working stock.

• Like 1

i like whippets, had none ped bitch great little dog, good on rabbits day+night. seen some none ped males at the tracks when iused to go 30lb dogs very full on little dogs. suppose its what you want to pay for a dog like these types, a dog like these or ped whippets prob 2-300 £quid, small lurcher prob 1/2 that price.plus they handle the cold better, whippets can go out side but really got keep them warm outside. ive always liked whippet with drop of bull in its mix, just to toughen them up a bit.!

• Like 1

i like whippets, had none ped bitch great little dog, good on rabbits day+night. seen some none ped males at the tracks when iused to go 30lb dogs very full on little dogs. suppose its what you want to pay for a dog like these types, a dog like these or ped whippets prob 2-300 £quid, small lurcher prob 1/2 that price.plus they handle the cold better, whippets can go out side but really got keep them warm outside. ive always liked whippet with drop of bull in its mix, just to toughen them up a bit.!

Problem is from the little I've seen it toughens them up a bit,but makes them a lot more driven and energetic.

My old bull/whippet was a nutter,and not robust enough physically to make up for it,constantly tearing himself open,running into avoidable obstacles etc

He broke his leg aged about 3 and became very neurotic through not being able to work so was rehomed as a pet to a mate who had the time to spend with him.

I had a little blue whippet/hound bitch a few years back pet/worker 22" tts good feet good speed and wind for a small dog. you wouldn't know she was in the house but bring her to the field and she would go all night. a whippet/hound is a good x imo.

My two are mental

The collie x is a fekin loon, goes bananas when he sees me.

The Beddy Whippet is just as daft, sits on yer heed if he gets the chance

Dogs are dogs mate, they do there thing regardless of breed. Just as I have said before though, if you want to work the dog, even occasionally, it`s a working dog, and the family need to know this.

• Like 3