Decent Affordable Semi Auto 22

Hi the obvious choice is a ruger 10/22 :yes: you can get them reasonably cheap second hand for a nice basic model :D I picked up mine the other month it cost me £325 but has a hogue over mould stock auto bolt release extended mag release trigger job and an 18" stainless fluted barrel and with standard cci ammo I can get consistent groups of .4" to .6" and has cycled all iv put through it without any hang ups.

Rick

• Like 2

Magtech 7022 brand new around £150.

Trigger is far from good but mine is accurate and reliable, extra magazine about £15 I believe.

Ready to go out of the box, open sights and screw cut. (no studs fitted, I had already put those on before I took the picture)

post-10759-0-02306500-1378368497_thumb.jpg

...but if you want scope, sling etc you should still come in on budget!

post-10759-0-04474500-1378368529_thumb.jpg

Only available as .22lr, this is the same gun as the Mossberg 702 which costs about £100 more! :thumbs:

Think about the CZ semis as well, not pretty guns, but good.

Edited by Deker

I'm with Deker on this one. I stick with the Magtech 7022, it's a great go anywhere, lightweight rifle. I'm not sure if new ones are still available, although the Mossberg 702 is. Best of all it shoots well straight out of the box. I've used a 10/22 in the US and it was a sweet gun, but if it's so good, why do owners rip them apart and upgrade them so soon?

I improved my trigger with grinding paste, which improved accuracy a treat. You can read my review here:http://www.urbanfieldsportsman.com/index.php/magtech-7022-mossberg-7022-22-semi-automatic-rimfire/

The reason people rip them apart and upgrade them is because there is a whole industry centered around the 10/22, here in south yorks we have rimfire magic that turn out some of the most trick 10/22s around,they can be improved lots for not a lot of money,I have never fired a Magtech but if the trigger is as p-ss poor as the Ruger, out of the box then an upgrade or some fettling is deffo required, they are dreadful standard.

Edited by charlie caller

Wouldn`t touch a semi auto .22 bolt all the way.

But if you insist, have a look at what rimfire magic can turn out. Amazing bits of kit.

I have Both, without doubt the Bolt gets more use, but the semi does have its uses. :yes:

Mine are work tools, but if I was to have just one it would be a bolt, others may well suggest their choice would be a semi, we all have different expectations, needs, desires, uses, etc! :thumbs:

i have just bought a ruger 10/22 with a hawke scope and thumbhole carbon effect stock for £300.this little gun has had a few trick bits put in it.trigger has been done along with the upgraded other parts.it shoots very well,i shoot lsr at 20-25 yards standing.this gun will take out the black easy on a standard bisley double sided target and that is when i shoot very quickly.rested at 50m it will do 1" groups of a rest and does not jam with cci,s.only downside is i shoot 100 rounds in about 5-10 minutes and it does get expensive

• Like 1

i have just bought a ruger 10/22 with a hawke scope and thumbhole carbon effect stock for £300.this little gun has had a few trick bits put in it.trigger has been done along with the upgraded other parts.it shoots very well,i shoot lsr at 20-25 yards standing.this gun will take out the black easy on a standard bisley double sided target and that is when i shoot very quickly.rested at 50m it will do 1" groups of a rest and does not jam with cci,s.only downside is i shoot 100 rounds in about 5-10 minutes and it does get expensive

Ha Ha, yeah, they can be expensive and bring out the little boy grin factor in even alleged professionals, best I did was 10 shots in 1.7 seconds with mine, and they all hit the black at 100 yards at Bisley. Prone off the bipod, point, hang on, and just pull as quick as possible.... :laugh::D:D:thumbs: