Dexter Just Out Of Moult 2013

arcticgun

Just fetched Dexter out his mews today , new jesses and anklets , coped , and blocked out, he still arsey as feck and not amused, still a little high in weight as yet , over the moon with his new plumage, freelofting deffo the way foward ,he did not stress to much being coped, my files where blunt so its far from perfect , heres a couple of pics for youse to see..., he getting along well enough with the new springer as well so thats summat good out the day,

newdexter015_zps38096734.jpg
newdexter007_zpsa5aa8d39.jpg
2013moult018_zps1e7f0e23.jpg
newdexter004_zps9137c9d1.jpg

couple of pics where pre coping lol

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lol I spent half an hour today watching a guy training two retrievers in the rocky hills, he had an old Podenco hound with him as well but sadly his English was worse than my Spanish so I couldn't ta

Hes looking nice Those anklets look good, ive got the same style on mine, i like how the riveted anklets keep the jesses away from the feet abit better than the traditional ones

Looks smart matey!

very nice mate,lol got to disagree on the anklets tho,ile do you some to try out atb mc

Whats wrong with them? Mines always had them on and ive never had a problem, not having a dig just curious

and i wasnt having a dig at ag he,knows what i was laughing at,the anklets are a bit to big and jesses for a falcon and need feathering,but thats just me,as long as they serve the purpose they,ll do im just picky,see you soon mate,

• Like 1

very nice mate,lol got to disagree on the anklets tho,ile do you some to try out atb mc

Whats wrong with them? Mines always had them on and ive never had a problem, not having a dig just curious

and i wasnt having a dig at ag he,knows what i was laughing at,the anklets are a bit to big and jesses for a falcon and need feathering,but thats just me,as long as they serve the purpose they,ll do im just picky,see you soon mate,

Thought you was on about them being riveted , my bad sorry mate

The jesses are the wrong way throught the eylets aswell pal, just noticed

lol thought somebody woudl notice, my pal go tme a set as the dog chewed my others when she was a pup broke into me bag and ate all the new uns and the uld miging ones I keep for spares lol , so I asks me pal who was at a gamefair the other wek to get me a set oif mews jess, he comes back with some to hold an eagle lol, they in wrong way as he likely needed a lttle further weight reduction , btiu as he was on the glove I just slotted em best way I could, chaged em round later when he settled , not much mannign gunna be needed I reckon he start flyig n around 2lb mark maybe touch over

he came out a touch over his pull weight last year, so a little reduction needed yet , however he will enter to quary a little heavier than last year, and likely finish at a heavier weight again, Im thinking it could be down to retaining more muscle from being freelofted, he moved around a lot during the moulth in his chamber , must have a few thousand jumps from floor to perches behind him already lol hoping for a quick entry onto game, he happy if he killign and cropping up regular, mind he a nice sociable bird anyhow, would fully recommend freelofting to anyone after this summer, far less trauma than the old net job lol

The jesses are the wrong way throught the eylets aswell pal, just noticed

lol thought somebody woudl notice, my pal go tme a set as the dog chewed my others when she was a pup broke into me bag and ate all the new uns and the uld miging ones I keep for spares lol , so I asks me pal who was at a gamefair the other wek to get me a set oif mews jess, he comes back with some to hold an eagle lol, they in wrong way as he likely needed a lttle further weight reduction , btiu as he was on the glove I just slotted em best way I could, chaged em round later when he settled , not much mannign gunna be needed I reckon he start flyig n around 2lb mark maybe touch over

he came out a touch over his pull weight last year, so a little reduction needed yet , however he will enter to quary a little heavier than last year, and likely finish at a heavier weight again, Im thinking it could be down to retaining more muscle from being freelofted, he moved around a lot during the moulth in his chamber , must have a few thousand jumps from floor to perches behind him already lol hoping for a quick entry onto game, he happy if he killign and cropping up regular, mind he a nice sociable bird anyhow, would fully recommend freelofting to anyone after this summer, far less trauma than the old net job lol

Lol got you now bud, i knew you wouldnt have done it on purpose, easy mistake i suppose when i picked up my harris the bloke put the jesses im the wrong way when we caught him up but didnt want to say anything and make out i was a 5 minute expert lol

Cheers Pointer, you lucky sod sunning yourself and fishing in foriegn lands, never mind soon be time for mud wind and open spaces pal, Dexter manning up well enough, he is still greedy as per last year, steady on glove , still bating a little on block now and again, very steady with dogs around , seems amused by the new springer my missus keeps, and the spaniel sensible around him as well,

Im gonna block him out for an hour or so and hope he takes a bath, the scruffy little sod, aint been in since he was pulled, then its back to manning , Im hoping he makes the jump for the glove today so we can get the lure reintroduced quickly, last year he took to the lure really well, food always a help where this boy concerned, then its back to dragged lure hare carcass, am praying we might be on for a slip or two next weekend down country on some big stubbles that where cut last week,, there be a few dogs out with us as well as my own, so am hoping he steady around em all, and manages to put on a good show. I want him back into the groove asap as we a little later starting this year, hopefully we last all wainter this time, he looks a little stronger this year, the glint is still in his eye, cannot wait to get started again