Terrier Locators

Just wondering if anyone can help me? I'm looking to purchase a new terrier locator, as I've had enough of the Deban terrier finder(with the disco lights and sounds!). The people I know in the terrier world all rave about bellman and flint, you could say its considered the rolls Royce of locators! But someone mentioned ortovox locators(D3 to be precise), I've tried to research this and all I can find info on is the reciever boxes. Do they produce collars? Or a transmitter that you attach to a collar? Or does anyone own one that they can tell how good they are? I would buy a bellman and flint, but they are mega bucks on my sallery, any thoughts appreciated guys?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Considering we had fook all but are ears and common sence then built up experience we found are terriers and qaurry no beep fooking beep , the bnf is brilliant use it practise makes perfect lol

Ortovox makes collars but they can be difficult to use , imo you better take a b&f collar and a ortovox reciver

T bar and a good sounder.

Just wondering if anyone can help me? I'm looking to purchase a new terrier locator, as I've had enough of the Deban terrier finder(with the disco lights and sounds!). The people I know in the terrier world all rave about bellman and flint, you could say its considered the rolls Royce of locators! But someone mentioned ortovox locators(D3 to be precise), I've tried to research this and all I can find info on is the reciever boxes. Do they produce collars? Or a transmitter that you attach to a collar? Or does anyone own one that they can tell how good they are? I would buy a bellman and flint, but they are mega bucks on my sallery, any thoughts appreciated guys?

ask satan and todd

mega bucks for a locator? :hmm: or its weight in gold to replace your dog? :cray: save up and buy the best you can :yes:

Which is the best on the market at the moment ??

Bellman and Flint not accurate??

Barryvox pulse no service or comeback if the device has problems with muck??

Two attenna's or Three???

Pieps DSP £315

Barryvox Pulse £315

Barryvox Element £261

BCA £261

Ortovox 3+ £233

Ortovox Zoom £199

Bellman + Flint £385 inc collar

Lots of choice and very confusing, it is a lot of money so you want to get it right and purchase the best so pro's and con's with reasons, please

mega bucks for a locator? :hmm: or its weight in gold to replace your dog? :cray: save up and buy the best you can :yes:

Which is the best on the market at the moment ??

Bellman and Flint not accurate??

Barryvox pulse no service or comeback if the device has problems with muck??

Two attenna's or Three???

Pieps DSP £315

Barryvox Pulse £315

Barryvox Element £261

BCA £261

Ortovox 3+ £233

Ortovox Zoom £199

Bellman + Flint £385 inc collar

Lots of choice and very confusing, it is a lot of money so you want to get it right and purchase the best so pro's and con's with reasons, please

Barryvox element its a no brainer.

It has all the features of the pulse you would need for terrier work at a fraction of the price. :yes:

In the past seasons I have used and owned new and old B&F, barryvox element and pulse.

Hope this helps