Terrier Locators

Just wondering if anyone can help me? I'm looking to purchase a new terrier locator, as I've had enough of the Deban terrier finder(with the disco lights and sounds!). The people I know in the terrier world all rave about bellman and flint, you could say its considered the rolls Royce of locators! But someone mentioned ortovox locators(D3 to be precise), I've tried to research this and all I can find info on is the reciever boxes. Do they produce collars? Or a transmitter that you attach to a collar? Or does anyone own one that they can tell how good they are I would buy a bellman and flint, but they are mega bucks on my sallery, any thoughts appreciated guys?

Have you brought one yet mate? My advice is go to the midlands game fair this weekend end, the bellman and flint man will be there and I'm guess his competitors will be there as well. You can judge for yourself.

• 3 weeks later...

Bellman & Flint are the only one designed for terrierwork the Ortovox won't honour the guarantee if used for terrierwork as its not what it was designed for.My mate had a new one and it steamed up,let water in.They wouldn't replace it as he had used it for terrierwork.So I would just get a B & F as they can be mended/ serviced here in the UK.

• Like 1

i found the D3 to be shite couldnt get on with it, but prior to that id been used to a pieps so maybe if your not used to anything else you might get on with it.

i sold mine on then the lad got it wet and it packed up.on him.

• 2 weeks later...