Boarder Terrier

Polkey

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've currently got a team of 5 border bitches, and a 10 week old pup I've bred myself that I've high hopes for. All my borders are excellent bushing dogs, work nearly every day. Either pushing up or b

As for rats...   These were taken with a team of borders and a couple of running dogs. Tally was 170 odd.       Malc

[/url]">http://   my little bitch ,great wee dog , works all cover, marked true from 6months old   a pleasure to watch working also bringing on 2 younger dogs makeing good moochers

the borders are a great natured dog as mentioned, they are very hit and miss, my pal has a old bitch what he bred twice, keeping a dog and bitch out of first litter, the bitch is outstanding in all working situations when it suits her, this is a major fault to me, when going there is no better she has outstanding qualities but she blows hot and cold.

the dog out of that litter is an out and out potlicker, when dogs are mooching as a pack he takes the role of "catch" dog - wont mix to ground, wont really bush - he should be in a pet home or pts.

the scond litter the old bitch had was a accident to a gould bred russell, i own the bitch, and she is a tasmanian devil, a little headstrong but has a cracking engine and will to work, she isnt as steady as an out and out border, this is something i much prefer, she will work to ground, not fazed by reds or others, and is an exceptional hunting dog, one fault is she will only give tongue when hot on fox, she has a temperement second to none and is a joy to own, i wish i had her from a young pup instead of taking her on when a few years old,

if she continues to do well and is worthy of breeding off she will be mated to a quality dog when 7years old