Getting Dogs Fit

I feel your pain, a bad motorbike crash tore my ACL off the bone and severed PCL too.

can you walk on it with crutches, or like I was, are you chair bound for a few weeks?

I would suggest a good long session with a dummy or ball, as long as he is getting a good run he should stay relatively fit. or, do you have a friend who could cycle with him?

I feel your pain, a bad motorbike crash tore my ACL off the bone and severed PCL too.

can you walk on it with crutches, or like I was, are you chair bound for a few weeks?

I would suggest a good long session with a dummy or ball, as long as he is getting a good run he should stay relatively fit. or, do you have a friend who could cycle with him?

Had the op 5 weeks ago mate.

But the dogs are used to biking and running in summer and getting at least one good run a day all winter,be it just mooching about of a day,lamping,running with me or biking.

I was thinking about getting a slatmill,but the dogs a fanny and I don't want to pay out for one if I can't get him to use it.

wont be long till your back fit then, without my other injuries from the crash, after the op and I had cast off (also broke my shin) it took around 6-8 weeks before I could start jogging lightly again, and after that it improved very quickly.

have you got one of those little plastic ball launchers? my lab loves it and the ball goes much further than I could ever throw it. gives him a good run and after about an hour he is totally knackered.

wont be long till your back fit then, without my other injuries from the crash, after the op and I had cast off (also broke my shin) it took around 6-8 weeks before I could start jogging lightly again, and after that it improved very quickly.

have you got one of those little plastic ball launchers? my lab loves it and the ball goes much further than I could ever throw it. gives him a good run and after about an hour he is totally knackered.

I know a guy who tore his ACL again 4months after the op because he went for a run,I'm definitely not risking it until I'm ready.

The lurcher doesn't like toys much.

Probably just be a very late season for me.