Deerhound X Bull Greyhound

Cheers for comments lads had him out on bike this morning only did a mile , Does anyone know how far I should be trotting him , and how often wether I should rest a day then run the next , cheers Tompost-27773-0-23615600-1378159896_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tom1

I just use my own common sense as if you know the dog you can tell if you start to push it or you ain't doing enough. When fit mine used to get some bike rides from 12-30 mile. Some may say too much but my dog coped with the big ones now and again but his average are all 12-15 mile. So just break ya dog in I jus treat them as if I'm training go steady n get further n harder but always good food.

Start gradual, just a few miles on the bike, then the same with lamping begin with a few runs, it takes at least 6 weeks to begin to get real fitness so take your time and in a few months you should have the beginnings of a fit dog that can stand a good session.

My 3/8 bull X 1/8DH X 1/2grey

post-2025-0-67369300-1378198517_thumb.jpg

post-2025-0-27167500-1378198552.jpg

• Like 3

Start gradual, just a few miles on the bike, then the same with lamping begin with a few runs, it takes at least 6 weeks to begin to get real fitness so take your time and in a few months you should have the beginnings of a fit dog that can stand a good session.

attachicon.giffin.jpg

attachicon.giffinn.jpg

looks like a stripped hyena in the 2nd pic

attachicon.giffin.jpg

attachicon.giffinn.jpg

looks like a stripped hyena in the 2nd pic

Got a bite like one lol.